High Level View of the Kantara Service Provider Approval Process
CSP Service & other Service Provider approval process phases
The process shown below apply to the following applicants seeking to gain Kantara Service Approval: Credential Service Providers, Identity Proofing & Verification Service Component Providers, Credential Management Service Component Providers and other applicable Service Provider.
1) Design & Build The Identity Service, which includes policy practice and technologies. Might be in development, implementation or full operation. May or may not initially conform to the Kantara IAF requirements, specifically the IAF-1400 Service Assessment Criteria
2) Contact Kantara & Become a Kantara Member. You should choose Organization Member and Approved CSP and pay the corresponding fees. Complete the Kantara Membership application: Online Membership Application Upon receipt of the application form, Kantara Admin. will send the Membership Package via DocuSign. More information here: Join Kantara
3) Complete the implementation of the Identity Service in a way that meets the requirements of the Kantara IAF.
4) Apply for Approval. Fill out the below:
Application – Kantara Service Approval
Service Description – Specification of a Service Subject to Assessment (S3A)
TMLA** – Trademark License Agreement
Submit the complete documentation to secretariat at kantarainitiative.org
(**) Send these documents to your Contract Review Team as soon as possible.
5) Be Assessed & Address Findings. Assurance Review Board accepts the initial application and applicant selects and engages a Kantara Accredited Assessor.
Applicant completes a Detailed S3A to define the assessment scope.
Accredited Assessor conducts assessment relative to appropriate Service Assessment Criteria. Accredited Assessor produces a Kantara Assessment Report (KAR). Applicant works with the Assessor to address non-conforming service areas
6) Applicant submits to the Secretariat the full approval package, including, KAR, detailed S3A and updated application.
7) Kantara Evaluation & Decision. Assurance Review Board (ARB) evaluates material, seeking clarification if needed. ARB makes a recommendation to the Kantara Board of Trustees to Approve License Grant, Approve License Grant with Conditions or Deny License Grant.
8) Kantara Board of Directors (BoD) ratification. BoD makes a decision based on the ARB recommendation.
9) Grant of License. If Approved, the Applicant enters the process to formalize the Grant of License to use the Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance Framework Trademark.
Service Provider CSP Approval process at a glance
For further information visit CSP Application
Hear from Approved CSP, Symantec
List of Kantara Approved CSPs Kantara Trust Status List