As a global brand, Kantara Initiative Inc is an ethics based, mission-led 501 (c)(6) US non profit based organization passionate about giving control of data back to people. Kantara Initiative, Inc. provides real-world innovation and development of specifications and conformity assessment programs for the digital identity and personal data ecosystems. Beyond its flagship eID-assisting Identity Assurance Trust Framework, developing initiatives including Identity Relationship Management, ground-breaking User Managed Access (EIC Award Winner for Innovation in Information Security 2014) baselined for GDPR, Identities of Things, and the GDPR-ready Consent Receipt specification, Kantara Initiative connects a global, open, and transparent leadership community, including CA Technologies, Experian, ForgeRock, Digi.me, Internet Society, Nomura Research Institute and SecureKey.
Identity at the Center of Digital Transformation
Organizations of all types are faced with permanent change – in technology, markets, business models, and regulation. This continuously changing environment applies for organizations big and small, as well as local and global. Services that leverage identity and personal data are becoming pervasive and the identity data of people, organisations, applications and devices represents a user’s digital DNA.
We see the transformation cycle as a 4-stage process:
Get Ahead of the Curve
Few, if any, organizations can succeed at every stage of transformation in isolation. Kantara Initiative brings together the right thought leaders and industry representation – vendors, adopters, governments, standards bodies – to address all four stages.
Our Mission: Kantara is the global consortium improving trustworthy use of identity and personal data through innovation, standardization, and good practice.
Our Vision: Ensure secure, identity-based, online interactions while preventing misuse of personal information so that networks will become privacy protecting and more trustworthy environments. In short, Kantara is passionate about giving control of data back to people.
- Accelerate marketplace adoption through clear messages, defined processes, and open community collaboration that brings vendors, deployers, individuals, and organizations together
- Connect technical, business, legal, and policy experience to achieve holistic & trusted identity management solutions
- Establish an open and democratic governance model with no financial barrier to participation
- Provide an operational structure with nimble processes, procedures, and oversight, and a viable financial model
- Commit to open standards and encourage interoperable implementations from both the COTS product and open source development communities
- Foster positive dialogue across all relevant organizations to assure coordination, harmonization, and re-use of all applicable open content (specs, policy, etc.)
- Establish programs with strong branding for technical and operational output to promote interoperability