Kantara Initiative is a robust and open focal point for collaboration to address the issues we each share across the identity community. Kantara activities focus on requirement gathering for the development and operation of Trust Frameworks as well verification of actors within Trust Framework ecosystems. Kantara Initiative Accredits Assessors, Approves Credential Service Providers Services and Recognizes Service Components (Identity Proofing and Credential Management).
|FAQ | Testimonials
Mission: Foster identity community harmonization, interoperability, innovation, and broad adoption through the development criteria for operational trust frameworks and deployment/usage best practices for privacy-respecting, secure access to trusted online services.
Vision: Ensure secure, identity-based, online interactions while preventing misuse of personal information so that networks will become privacy protecting and more natively trustworthy environments.
- Establish an open and democratic governance model with no financial barrier to participation
- Implement an operational structure with nimble processes, procedures, and oversight, and a viable financial model
- Commit to open standards and encourage interoperable implementations from both the COTS product and open source development communities
- Foster positive dialogue across all relevant organizations to assure coordination, harmonization, and re-use of all applicable open content (specs, policy, etc.)
- Establish programs with strong branding for technical and operational output to promote interoperability, compliance and/or conformance