Data Privacy Legal Hack-A-thon
This is an unprecedented year documenting our loss of Privacy. Never before have we needed to stand up and team up to do something about it. In honour of Privacy Day, the Legal Hackers are leading the charge to do something about it, inspiring a two-day international Data Privacy Legal Hackathon. This is no ordinary event. Instead of talking about creating privacy tools in theory, the Data Privacy Legal Hackathon is about action! A call to action for tech & legal innovators who want to make a difference!
We are happy to announce a Data Privacy Legal Hackathon and invite the Kantara Community to get involved and participate. We are involved in not only hosting a Pre-Hackathon Project to create a Legal Map for consent laws across jurisdictions, but the CISWG will also be posting a project for the Consent Receipt Scenario that is posted in on the CISWG wiki.
The intention is to hack Open Notice with a Common Legal Map to create consent receipts that enable ‘customisers’ to control personal information If you would like to get involved in the hackathon, show your support, or help build the consent receipt infrastructure please get involved right away — you can get intouch with Mark (dot) Lizar (at)gmail (dot) com, Hodder (at) gmail (dot) com, or join the group pages that are in links below.
Across three locations on February 8th & 9th, 2014, get your Eventbrite Tickets Here:
* New York City * London, UK * Mountain View *
This two-day event aims to mix the tech and legal scenes with people and companies that want to champion personal data privacy. Connecting entrepreneurs, developers, product makers, legal scholars, lawyers, and investors.
Each location will host a two-day “judged” hacking competition with a prize awarding finale, followed by an after-party to celebrate the event.
The Main Themes to The Hackathon Are:
- Crossing the Pond Hack
- Do Not Track Hack
- Anti-Surveillance & Transparency Hacks
- Revenge Porn Hack
There are pre-hackathon projects and activities. Join the Hackerleague to participate in these efforts and list your hack:
- A Consent Legal Map & Schema Project to create a legal map of the consent laws as a legal hackers tool for the event and projects posted at the event (many volunteers needed)
- Brainstorming List of Hacks – Add your ideas
- Share Tech and Links Page – Share your Knowledge
- Hacks (Project) Page – Propose or Join a project
- IRC Channel for Discussion
Sponsorship Is Available & Needed
Any organization or company seeking to show active support for data privacy and privacy technologies is invited to get involved.
- Sponsor: prizes, food and event costs by becoming a Platinum, Gold or Silver Sponsor
- Participate: at the event by leading or joining a hack project
- Mentor: projects or topics that arise for teams, and share your expertise.
Contact NYC sponsorship: Phil Weiss email or @philwdjjd
Contact Bay Area sponsorship: Mary Hodder – Hodder (at) gmail (dot) com – Phone: 510 701 1975
Contact London sponsorship: Mark Lizar – Mark (dot) Lizar (at)gmail (dot) com – Phone: +44 02081237426 – @smarthart