Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference


DRAFT Meeting Minutes - IAWG approval required


Date and Time


  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes Approval:
    4. Action Item Review
    5. Organization Updates - Director's Corner
    6. Staff reports and updates
    7. LC reports and updates
    8. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1. Reminder to review KIAF-5463 v1.4
    2. SAC Revision 
    3. SAC Maintenance and Support (SAC MXS)
    4. Determination of CORE criteria
  3. AOB
  4. Adjourn


Link to IAWG Roster

As of 2015-01-22, quorum is 6 of 11

Use the Info box below to record the meeting quorum status

Meeting did not achieve quorum









Notes & Minutes


Minutes Approval

Motion to approve minutes of yyyy-mm-dd
Motion Carried | Carried with amendments | Defeated

Action Item Review

Staff Updates

Director's Corner Link
LC Updates
Participant updates


Discussion of KIAF-5463 v1.4

Discussion of acceptance of this document took place in late August 2014. Scott will look up the minutes from them to revisit the discussions back then.

Ken Dagg expressed concern that the document is very US-centric and should not be part of the framework.  However its a useful tool for US based CSPs.

Could we do an electronic ballot on that one?  Ruth can initiate that, will do that after next week's comments are resolved.

SAC Revision 

There's been an update 

LC will have a discussion about the format of SAC.

Reference to the FICAM top to bottom review.  Andrew suggests that we should be in communication with FICAM to discuss. Action item for Ken to contact Joni and Leif regarding the FICAM review.

Reminder for IAWG members to review the SAC.

SAC Maintenance and Support (SAC MXS)

Given that we have regular updates to the SAC, Andrew had a brief discussion with Justin and Leif, they indicated that github is workable, they are using that to manage the document set of UMA specifications. The IAF and the SAC could be workable as well.  They release based on a software release model, the target issues to specific releases of the documentation set.

Contrasting - UMA is actively updating their documents, whereas IAF update cycle is slower.

As for updating the format of the specifications - Andrew suggests we can proceed by putting out a call for approaches and quotes.  Agreement on the call that it is a good goal but lack of IAWG effort in getting it done so far.  Andrew will send a note to the list and call for volunteers, if that doesn't work then we can revisit it next month.

Determination of CORE criteria

Outstanding item for Andrew to convene a meeting of the CSPs to get their opinion on what should be core and what should be not core.  Action item for Andrew.





Next Meeting