Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference


Meeting Minutes - IAWG approved on 12 September 2013


Date and Time


  1. Administration:
    1. Roll Call
    2. Agenda Confirmation
    3. Minutes approval: IAWG Meeting Minutes 2013-08-29
    4. Action Item Review
    5. Staff reports and updates
    6. LC reports and updates
    7. Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
  2. Discussion
    1.  Charter Refresh (continuation)
    2. Status update: Glossary
    3. Status update: Resilient Networks
  3. AOB
  4. Adjourn


Link to IAWG Roster

As of 1 July 2013, quorum is 5 of 9


Meeting achieved quorum





Notes & Minutes


Minutes Approval

IAWG Meeting Minutes 2013-08-29

Motion to approve minutes of 2013/08/29: Rich Furr
Seconded: Scott Shorter
Discussion: None
Motion Passed 

Action Item Review

See running table below

Staff Updates

LC Updates
Participant updates


Charter Refresh

The current working version of the Value statement is:
"Kantara exists to develop and/or operate rules for operators of online services, enabling verification of  the trust layer providing high-value, privacy-preserving identity and access."

From the August 29 2013 call:

Chair called for topics needing coverage in the Charter:

Discussion 5 September 2013:

These bullets are instructions to the draft charter editor - they will be reflected in the working copy at 2013 IAWG Charter Refresh - Fall 2013 - markup working draft

Status update: Glossary

See action items list.

Status update: Resilient Networks





Action Items

Item #DescriptionAssigned toEst. CompletionStatus

IAWG-NIST F2F in DC area to discuss approach and feedback on 800-63 v IAF analysis approach

(2013-Aug-1): Comment that perhaps ICAM should be invited as well.

Staff / IAWG LeadsTBDNot started

Chair to discuss with Exec. Director the need for a Content Management System analysis and potential tool for IAF/SAC & funding options

  • (2013-Jun-20): Discussion occurred; vision has been always to have a CMS - possibly a database with online self-serve document generation capability (in whichever output format is needed); team will be needed to draw up a wireframe and requirements for a custom developed tool
  • (2013-Jun-27): Call for lead is required. Myisha to send a call to list for volunteer lead.
  • (2013-Aug-29): Call for lead has been put to the Quarterly Status report - will be distributed from there
MyishaSeptember 2013In progress

Glossary updates underway. Next draft should be available in 4 weeks

(11July2013): Defer item to future meeting

(1Aug2013): No comments on new additions received yet - reminder sent to sub-group.

(29Aug2013): Working through comments now. Aiming for distribution prior to next call.

(5Sep2013): A few comments remain outstanding.

Ken Dagg

Updated:12 Sept 2013

In Progress

Forward Ticket items that have been resolved to correct lists for next action.

(29Aug2013): Sent request to Staff to clarify process.

Andrew Hughes8 August 2013Not Started

Sub-group required for charter refresh work. R. Furr to convene. Volunteers: Rich Furr; Linda Goettler; Andrew Hughes; Scott Shorter

(5Sep2013): Decision made to bring back to main meeting.

R. Furr5 September 2013OBE


Recently Closed Action Items

Item #DescriptionAssigned toEst. CompletionStatus






Next Meeting