Kantara Initiative Identity Assurance WG Teleconference
Meeting Minutes - IAWG approved on 12 September 2013
Date and Time
- Roll Call
- Agenda Confirmation
- Minutes approval: IAWG Meeting Minutes 2013-08-29
- Action Item Review
- Staff reports and updates
- LC reports and updates
- Call for Tweet-worthy items to feed (@KantaraNews or #kantara)
- Charter Refresh (continuation)
- Status update: Glossary
- Status update: Resilient Networks
Link to IAWG Roster
As of 1 July 2013, quorum is 5 of 9
- Myisha Frazier-McElveen (C)
- Rich Furr (V-C)
- Andrew Hughes (S)
- Bill Braithwaite
- Matt Thompson
- Scott Shorter
Notes & Minutes
IAWG Meeting Minutes 2013-08-29
Motion to approve minutes of 2013/08/29: Rich Furr
Seconded: Scott Shorter
Action Item Review
See running table below
The current working version of the Value statement is:
"Kantara exists to develop and/or operate rules for operators of online services, enabling verification of the trust layer providing high-value, privacy-preserving identity and access."
From the August 29 2013 call:
Chair called for topics needing coverage in the Charter:
- Need to include roles and responsibilities division between ARB and IAWG and LC for the IAF processes
- Where does execution of processes for certification of credential providers live?
- Joni planning a "Leadership deck" to help chairs to understand processes and their execution
- Many of these processes are already defined in the Kantara Operating Procedures
- Need to reflect the firming up of the distinction between Kantara's Service Operations versus Kantara's Innovation divisions
- IAWG should be confirmed as the Subject Matter Expert pool that the ARB can draw on
- ARB is the operational arm of the IAF
- ARB is not refreshing their charter at this time
- Stronger language needed in charter to keep IAF documents up to date
- Difficult to keep document set current due to the nature of the documents. Focus in necessarily on the SAC.
- Need to focus on low barriers to adoption and consumability by entities wishing to seek Approval - should not have to rely on experts to do basic interpretation of documents
- Further discussion needed to examine current IAF document set structure, areas needing refresh and perhaps extraction of non-core information.
Discussion 5 September 2013:
These bullets are instructions to the draft charter editor - they will be reflected in the working copy at 2013 IAWG Charter Refresh - Fall 2013 - markup working draft
- Align the draft charter text with the text in the glossary
- The 'communication' bullet is for the purposes of evolving the IAF; include an outreach and communication part
- "Understanding the requirements of the marketplace and informing and influencing the marketplace"
- Determine equivalence of other TF schemes to the IAF; validate profiles that accommodate the other TF schemes;
- Include 'sector and trade association' in the list
- Discussion of 'value added' by the existence of IAWG
- the IAWG adds value by keeping the IAF current and responsive to the marketplace requirements - ensures that the certifications are usable and meaningful for inter-party transaction
- Need text describing the fact of multiple TF Schemes - the value add is the IAF - it brings together different TF schemes and multiple certifications
- It is really the current "value statement" but in the IAWG terms and context
- Need to state why we are unique, embedded, hard to copy
- Myisha to tackle this statement
- "The methods by which participants trust each other"
- in terms of roles and responsibilities in Kantara
- support Kantara to foster adoption
- subject area coverage
- action and presence in the marketplace - do we exert our presence 'out there' - speaking on behalf of
- marketplace interaction - inbound requirements vs outbound
- services offered?
- maybe: subject matter experts as it relates to the IAF - to other WGs - this might be roles and responsibilities
- Support to KI business development in understanding IAF
- analysis of equivalency
- verification/validation of profiles
- The LC and the Board (includes sub-committees)
- IAWG represents the board to other TFPs (the other TFPs are not our customer)
Status update: Glossary
See action items list.
Status update: Resilient Networks
- No information available at this time.
|Item #||Description||Assigned to||Est. Completion||Status|
IAWG-NIST F2F in DC area to discuss approach and feedback on 800-63 v IAF analysis approach
(2013-Aug-1): Comment that perhaps ICAM should be invited as well.
|Staff / IAWG Leads||TBD||Not started|
Chair to discuss with Exec. Director the need for a Content Management System analysis and potential tool for IAF/SAC & funding options
- (2013-Jun-20): Discussion occurred; vision has been always to have a CMS - possibly a database with online self-serve document generation capability (in whichever output format is needed); team will be needed to draw up a wireframe and requirements for a custom developed tool
- (2013-Jun-27): Call for lead is required. Myisha to send a call to list for volunteer lead.
- (2013-Aug-29): Call for lead has been put to the Quarterly Status report - will be distributed from there
|Myisha||September 2013||In progress|
Glossary updates underway. Next draft should be available in 4 weeks
(11July2013): Defer item to future meeting
(1Aug2013): No comments on new additions received yet - reminder sent to sub-group.
(29Aug2013): Working through comments now. Aiming for distribution prior to next call.
(5Sep2013): A few comments remain outstanding.
Updated:12 Sept 2013
Forward Ticket items that have been resolved to correct lists for next action.
(29Aug2013): Sent request to Staff to clarify process.
|Andrew Hughes||8 August 2013||Not Started|
Sub-group required for charter refresh work. R. Furr to convene. Volunteers: Rich Furr; Linda Goettler; Andrew Hughes; Scott Shorter
(5Sep2013): Decision made to bring back to main meeting.
|R. Furr||5 September 2013||OBE|
Recently Closed Action Items
|Item #||Description||Assigned to||Est. Completion||Status|
| || || || || |