UMA telecon 2012-10-25
Date and Time
- All-hands meeting on Thursday, 25 October 2012, at 9am PT (time chart) - IIW XV week
- Skype: +99051000000481
- US: +1-805-309-2350 (other international dial-in lines available) | Room Code: 178-2540
- Roll call
- Meeting reminders
- Chair election
- Liaison activity
Quorum was not reached. Keith introduces himself: He attended the webinar and was impressed. He's a senior IT architect at U Wisconsin-Madison. He's been closely following issues around identity and attribute ecosystems, privacy, and more. UMA brings a new flavor.
No meeting next week! Nov 8 meeting has summertime skew! See below for details.
Eve nominates herself again (Sal seconds). We'll hold an electronic ballot since it will be a while before we'll have another all-hands meeting.
- UMA+AXN: We're hoping that Maciej has been meeting successfully with AXN folks at IIW this week. Keith notes that Leif's work in the Attribute Management group seems to be related.
- XACML TC: Eve shared the results of the meeting with the XACML TC. Are bridging scenarios the most promising way to tackle enterprise-plus-long-tail scenarios? We shall see.
- PMRM: Eve sent links to our case studies along to Peter Brown for sharing. He mentioned the new OASIS TC starting: Privacy-by-Design for Software Engineers. This brought up discussion of another new TC for Cloud Authorization.
- Please, everyone, get the word out that the YouTube video from the Google Tech Talk is now publicly available.
- Thomas attended Adrian Gropper's seminar recently, and the Harvard privacy group to which he was presenting pushed back on his "consent management" characterization. Authorization seems to be a better word.
- Let's think about doing another webinar in the December timeframe, if we can show off a different scenario.
On Nov 8, we'll plan to work on the host-AM discovery service registration model and the security considerations. (Eve can't attend, but will help Sal with the latter task offline.) Alam will send to the group any issues that are high-priority for him.
As of 25 Oct 2012 (pre-meeting), quorum is 8 of 14.
- Thomas Hardjono
- Sal D'Agostino
- Lukasz Moren
- Keith Hazelton
- Dave Coxe
- Riccardo (tried to get in on Skype but had trouble)
- NO meeting on Thursday, 1 November 2012, at 9am PT - too many people out!
- FOCUS meeting on Thursday, 8 November 2012, at 9am PT (time chart) - technical - Eve regrets - Maciej will chair -summertime skew! UK/Europe one hour earlier than usual
- FOCUS meeting on Thursday, 15 November 2012, at 9am PT (time chart) - technical/interop - UK/Europe back to "normal"
- NO meeting on Thursday, 22 November 2012, at 9am PT - U.S. Thanksgiving holiday
- All-hands meeting on Thursday, 29 November 2012, at 9am PT (time chart) - educational and all topics