(1) WG NAME (and any acronym or abbreviation of the name): The WG name, acronym and abbreviation must not include trademarks not owned by the Organization, or content that is infringing, harmful, or inappropriate.
Federation Interoperability WG (FIWG)
(2) PURPOSE: Please provide a clear statement of purpose and justification why the proposed WG is necessary.
The purpose of this Work Group is to profile existing specifications to define an interoperable trust infrastructure for use by parties participating in Trust Frameworks. This will allow entities to determine the certification status and configuration parameters of entities outside of their local federation.
(3) SCOPE: Explain the scope and definition of the planned work.
Develop standards and profiles to enable interoperability amongst Trust Framework Member Listing Services and their respective Federation Members. These services must provide trusted, up to date status and configuration information for Federation Members with heterogenous protocol support, including SAML, OpenID, IMI, WS-Fed. In addition these services must be extensible, scalable and easy to maintain.
(4) DRAFT TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: List Working Titles of draft Technical Specifications to be produced (if any), projected completion dates, and the Standards Setting Organization(s) to which they will be submitted upon approval by the Membership.
Spec: Listing & Meta-Data Exchange Service or Trust Status List Implementation
Projected Due Date: February 2011
Target SSO: OASIS
(5) OTHER DRAFT RECOMMENDATIONS: Other Draft Recommendations and projected completion dates for submission for All Member Ballot.
(6) LEADERSHIP: Proposed WG Chair and Editor(s) (if any) subject to confirmation by a vote of the WG Participants.
(7) AUDIENCE: Anticipated audience or users of the work.
Identity Assurance and Trust Framework Providers, Identity Providers, Credential Service Providers, Relying Parties, Governments and End-Users
(8) DURATION: Objective criteria for determining when the work of the WG has been completed (or a statement that the WG is intended to be a standing WG to address work that is expected to be ongoing).
Approximately 12 months
(9) IPR POLICY: The Organization approved Intellectual Property Rights Policy under which the WG will operate.
Kantara Initiative IPR Policy -- Creative Commons Share-Alike
(10) RELATED WORK AND LIAISONS: Related work being done in other WGs or other organizations and any proposed liaison with those other WGs or organizations.
(11) CONTRIBUTIONS (optional): A list of contributions that the proposers anticipate will be made to the WG.
12) PROPOSERS: Names, email addresses, and any constituent affiliations of at least the minimum set of proposers required to support forming the WG. At least 3 proposers must be listed. At least 2 of the proposers must be Kantara Initiative Members - current members list