Status of Minutes
Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>
- Mircea Patachi
- Chris Cooper
- Colin Wallis
- Tom Jones
Meeting was not quorate
Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 5 of 8 as of 2018-02-22
Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Harri Honko, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale, John Wunderlich, Andrew Hughes, Oscar Santolalla
Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:
There is a new wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Andrew of your implementation.
EIC 2018 Munich May 15-18
- Kantara AGM and Members Plenary Monday May 14
- Kantara Showcase workshop May 15 morning
- Consent mini-track Thursday May 17
IAPP Summit Canada May 24-25
- John W. presenting Information Sharing Agreements / JLINC
Identiverse 2018 Boston June 24-28
- Several consent-relevant sessions throughout the week
|40 min||MyData Conference - Interop track proposal||Jim|
- Andrew has created a project planning page for the MyData interop demo - for all related information
- John has created MyData 2018 Interoperability Use Cases
- Jim - meeting with digi.me product manager and CTO to discuss mapping the CR spec to product features and identifying potential gaps
- At the conference, the session will be showing what we have built in advance
- WG goal is to have demo finalized by early August
- We need firm commitments by first call in June to participate and status update
- ACTION: Andrew to set up a Trello board to track the project
- John: Should we define the 'human readable' or core content of the CR in advance of talking with dev teams?
- A: Yes - we should create a test harness to allow testing communications
- ACTION: John to consolidate and post use cases material that has been submitted
- Jim: digi.me has been working on / contributing to 'Internet of Me' publication on Medium. Proposing that Simon (editor) talks with others here to engage. internetofme.net
- Colin: Kantara can assist
|Next meeting||2018-05-24 same time, same number ** Note that EIC is on too|
From 2018-05-03 call:
- The proposal has been accepted!
- Interested implementers:digi.me, JLINC, Consentua, Open Consent, UNLOQ
- Possibly interested:iQuality
- Mark: has been working on a GDPR extension for the CR. Building an alpha service to be ready for May 25.
- Chris: need a standard on discovery of where CRs have been issued
- Mircea: has a use case/scenario that we might want to demo
- Transferability of consent along with data - e.g. if an event site wants to share attendee data with sponsors
- Publisher and ad network - cookie consents
- If we want to demonstrate CR interop, do we also have to show data portability?
- Chris: Consentua's 1st concern for interop is to support data portability - will facilitate industry consolidation (eventually)
- Jim: Directs everyone to connect with John Wunderlich who is assembling a use cases outline.
- Firststep is to take a list of CR spec fields to do a 'feature support' listing from each of the implementers to allow mapping of implementations
- Discussion around the IIW and MIT Hackfest GDPR cookies and the IAB EU - lots of interest and discussion about this - will continue to track it
- Use case: When data is transferred from one party to another party should the user be notified every time? ever?
- ACTION: Anyone interested in developing the use cases to connect with John Wunderlich
From 2018-04-26 call:
- Call for ideas on what we might demo at MyData
- Tom: maybe a rendering engine? Others noted that there is a prototype consent receipt generator that was built for a very early version of the spec - check here: consent receipt generator
- Andrew: how do we want to define "Interoperability"?
- Is it system-system export-import of a receipt? from one organization to another? Round-trip?
- The demo probably has to render the receipts to show the audience that something has happened
- Is it consistent rendering of a receipt to users?
- Jim: we should do minimum viable to demonstrate
- Use case - Article 20: data portability with associate receipt transfers
- App1 sends a receipt to App2 which parses it; App2 sends the same receipt back to App1 who compares it to the original receipt
- ACTION: John to start the draft call to action