Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

2017-08-17

Status of Minutes

DRAFT

Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>>

Attendees

Voting

 

Non-Voting

  • David Turner
  • Robert Lapes
  • Tom Jones
  • Colin Wallis
  •  

Quorum Status

Meeting was quorate

 

 

Voting participants

Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 4 of 7 as of 2016-10-06

Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Harri Honko, MarkLizar, Jim Pasquale, John Wunderlich, Andrew Hughes

Discussion Items

TimeItemWhoNotes
4 mins
  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
Andrew Hughes 
1 min
  • Organization updates
All

Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:

 

  • Mark has scheduled a CIS WG call to discuss Purposes on August 18 07:00 Pacific. Details were sent to the list.
2 min
  • MyData Conference update
  • CIAM World Tour workshop
AllAny specific sessions about Consent Receipts and Consent Management?
5 min

"Motion to accept CR v1.1.0 DRAFT 2 as posted to the wiki on July 13, 2017"

This is the resulting output from Sprint 1 and Sprint 2.

Chair

Moved by: Andrew Hughes

Seconded by: Mark Lizar

Discussion: Note that JW and others have some comments that are pending - due to unforeseen scheduling circumstances, they have not been able to contribute the material. This draft is accepted with the understanding that the delayed comments will be contributed at a later 'document consolidation' period.

Result: Motion carried.

5 minDiscuss 'sprint' process diagramAndrew

 Refresh on where we are in the cycle

August 17, should be at:

  • End of WG Contributions to Sprint 4
  • End of WG review of updates resulting from Sprint 3
  • Start of WG Contributions to Sprint 5

 

40 minDiscuss work backlog priorities for CR v1.1David

Github Issues: https://github.com/KantaraInitiative/CISWG/issues

 

Discussion

  • We will slip one more week
  • Sprint 3 proposal has been with the WG and needs more WG comment - see the list for the text
  • Sprint 4 - tomorrow's meeting is needed to deal with Sprint 4 topics
  • ACTION: Andrew to update the Sprint schedule
  • Mark proposes that the topic of 'Termination' and 'Retention' be put to Implementers to see how they are dealing with it
  • Mark proposes that a list of Implementations is created on the wiki
  • Consensus is to proceed with both items
  • Question: If a user revokes the consent, is it the expectation that a second receipt is generated to memorialize this change in status?
    • Discussion about how to record changes in state of the consent - it all presupposes that there is a log kept of all state changes
  • Question: How does the 'right to be forgotten' or purging of information impact the receipts? e.g. retention of data for public safety lawful purposes
    • Discussion - this is possibly a different justification for processing
    • This topic was discussed at a recent IAPP meeting in NYC - lots of different perspectives raised
  • Note: See Lawful processing: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/key-areas-to-consider/

 

ISO 29184 contributions

  • Deadline for contributions and comments is September 15 to ISO - so the Kantara group needs to submit at least a week prior.