Child pages
  • Copy of Meeting Minutes 4 December 2019
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

Version 1 Current »

Kantara FI-WG Teleconference

Pending approval

Date and Time

  • Date: Wednesday, December 4, 2019
  • Time: 16:30 EDT

Attendees

  • Keith Wessel (co-chair) (v)
  • Nick Roy (v)
  • Alan Buxey (v)
  • Andy Morgan (v)
  • Judith Bush (v)
  • Scott Cantor (v)
  • Walter Hoehn (co-chair) (v)

Agenda

  1. Roll call (QV group participation agreement
  2. Agenda bash
  3. Approval of 10/16 meeting minutes
  4. Discussion of handling revision to implementation profile
  5. Update from Bella and Colin

Minutes

  1. Roll call (QV group participation agreement
    1. Quorum achieved
  2. Agenda bash
  3. Probably need to vote within the group on a committee draft that goes to the board for approval.
  4. In the SAML 2.0 implementation profile, IIP-ALG06 states:
    The following DigestMethod algorithms SHOULD be supported for both of the above key transport algorithms for backward compatibility.
    *http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1

    This requirement should be corrected to read:
    The following DigestMethod algorithms MUST be supported for both of the above key transport algorithms for backward compatibility.
    *http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1
  5. Options include publish errata, or bump version number to 1.1 or 2.0
  6. Colin believes that a version number bump with this edit will not require a non-member re-ballot according to the operating procedures
  7. Should we add links to errata wiki to both documents while we are at it? (Where is the errata wiki link?)
  8. Minutes approved
  9. Approval of 10/16 meeting minutes
  10. Discussion of handling revision to implementation profile
    1. AI: Scott will update the document and send a local diff to the list. We are keeping SHA2, making SHA1 support a MUST.
    2. AI: Keith run the diff past Colin to make sure it’s OK without a reballot.
    1. Definitely not 2.0.
    2. Group recommends 1.1.
    1. Don’t need a re-review if the change does not break implementations, per Kantara Operating Procedures v3.0
    2. Technically, you can never change a SHOULD to a MUST in a non-breaking change
    3. Practically, very few implement SHA2 at this level, and almost everyone implements SHA1. So practically, this is a non-breaking change. No one has built a SAML stack based on this yet.
    4. Make it clear to Colin what we’re doing, make sure he’s sound with it.
    1. AI: Keith check with Colin on if there is any type of set practice with regard to inclusion of errata link in a document.
  11. Update from Bella and Colin
  12. AI: Nick post minutes, update previous minutes to approved.


Next Meeting

  • Date: TBD
  • Time: 16:30 EDT
  • Code: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/110596309
  • You can also dial in using your phone.

    United States: +1 (669) 224-3318


    Access Code: 110-596-309


    More phone numbers

    Australia: +61 2 8355 1038

    Austria: +43 1 2530 22500

    Belgium: +32 28 93 7002

    Canada: +1 (647) 497-9380

    Denmark: +45 32 72 03 69

    Finland: +358 923 17 0556

    France: +33 170 950 590

    Germany: +49 692 5736 7300

    Ireland: +353 15 360 756

    Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80

    Netherlands: +31 207 941 375

    New Zealand: +64 9 282 9510

    Norway: +47 21 93 37 37

    Spain: +34 932 75 1230

    Sweden: +46 853 527 818

    Switzerland: +41 225 4599 60

    United Kingdom: +44 330 221 0097

NOTE: Do not follow the code with a "#" symbol as it may cause the code not to be recognized.

  • No labels