|Table of Contents|
Tuesday, February 21
- Report work
Attending: Eve, Susan, Thomas, John, Devon
We examined our Technologies definition of "blockchain" and Steve Wilson's email critique, and are satisfied that it shouldn't excite antibodies among the experts (see this blog post).
AI: Eve: Add a terminology definition of "blockchain" (cheekily pointing to the blog post).
AI: Eve: Share Jim H's Wise Contracts paper with Devon et al.
Jim H and Eve had a mind meld about how he believes P2P is the main value of decentralization, not the blockchain technology part.
Eve can't run the Thursday call; she'll ask if Thomas can.
Tuesday, February 14
Attendees: Steve O. (ISOC), Jeff S., JohnW, Kathleen, Susan,
- Need to sharpen language on contracts
- Mention dispute resolution (R3 efforts)
- Clauses for dispute/arbitration
- SC may be reading from external data sources
- Dispute about reference data sources – can be exploited
- Section on Analysis od contracts need to be reviewed again.
- User Submitted Terms -- weak text, need to explain role in SC and BC
- Is it creating standards
- JohnM’s idea (Research Notebook use case): capture the author of information (e.g. notebook), hash captured on a blockchain, proving creatorship.
- First to file
- Some research authors do similar with papers (i.e first to publish idea)
- Similar to timestamp in PKI
- Thomas AI: look at Open Music Initiative (OMI)
Tuesday, February 7
- Report work
Attending: Eve, Thomas, Kathleen, JohnW, Matisse, Marco, Susan, Adrian, Jeff