This Work Group operates under the Kantara IPR Policy - Option Patent & Copyright: Reciprocal Royalty Free with Opt-Out to Reasonable And Non discriminatory (RAND) (HTML version). You can find any opt-outs on this page.
Home | → Join This Group | Subscribe to the Mailing ← | List | Archive (Mailman) | Archive | (Google Archive) | UMA Calendar
|title||UMA Webinar on Wednesday, July 13|
We'll be holding a public webinar on Wednesday, July 13, 9-10am Pacific time (world time chart) to describe and demonstrate the benefits of User-Managed Access. All are welcome to attend! You can register here.
- July 3: We have contributed Rev 00 of the UMA core spec to the IETF! Check it out and stay tuned for details on how to register for the webinar we'll be holding shortly.
- June 25: We've started an UMA FAQ. Let us know what questions you want answered! Tweet us at @UMAWG.
- May 29: The Working Drafts page has been updated to point to all the newest spec work, including the latest push on scoped access. The core spec has now absorbed the formerly separate resource registration spec, and there is a lot of new text. Check it out!
- May 27: The Newcastle University team has released its public beta version of the UMA-enabled SMARTAM 2.0 and related apps. You can try it out yourself right now.
The purpose of the UMA Work Group (charter) is to develop specs that let an individual control the authorization of data sharing and service access made between online services on the individual's behalf, and to facilitate interoperable implementations of the specs.
We welcome your participation! Follow the links to join this group (read-write mailing list privileges) or subscribe to the mailing list (read-only).
Check out our specs, "UMA Explained" material, and implementation news.Follow the doings of the UMA group on Twitter – our handle is @UMAWG and we often use the hashtag #UMAWG. (You can mention
to take people back here.) Find us on Facebook too.
User-Managed Access (UMA) is an award-winning OAuth-based protocol designed to give an individual a unified control point for authorizing who and what can get access to their digital data, content, and services, no matter where all those things live. Read the specs, join the group, check out the implementations, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, get involved!
The group is currently working on extensions to UMA V2.0.
The short link for this page is http://tinyurl.com/umawg
- 20 Oct '20: You can get UMAnitarian George Fletcher's UMA 101 presentation from IIW right here.
- 15 Oct '20: We are undertaking some important new work on an UMA "policy manager" extension, and more. You can check it out by reading our Meetings and Minutes, and if you're interested to contribute, be sure to click our Join link above! ⬆︎
- 1 Oct '20: WG chair Eve Maler presented UMA to the Decentralized Identity Foundation Secure Data Storage WG. Here are her slides.
- 22 Nov '19: There's a new implementation up on the Implementations page: PatientShare from Lush Group. It's also an implementation of the HEART profiles. Read all about it and check it out!