This Work Group operates under the Kantara IPR Policy - Option Patent & Copyright: Reciprocal Royalty Free with Opt-Out to Reasonable And Non discriminatory (RAND) (HTML version). You can find any opt-outs on this page.
Home | Intro | → Join ← | List | Archive (Mailman) | Archive (Google) | Calendar
|title||The UMA Version 2.0 Draft Recommendations are available for Public Comment!|
The Work Group is pleased to announce that it has published the UMA Version 2.0 Draft Recommendations, approved for their Public Comment and IPR Review period: UMA 2.0 Grant for OAuth 2.0 Authorization (UMA Grant rev 05) and Federated Authorization for UMA 2.0 (FedAuthz rev 05). To comment, please email your comments to email@example.com with the subject "UMAWG COMMENT SUBMISSION". For details about this period, see the Kantara announcement.
Resources to understand more about UMA are available and growing. For example, especially if you're familiar with UMA V1, check out this detailed swimlane to get the broad strokes of what has changed. We're fleshing out the Release Notes, updating the UMA Implementer's Guide, and attending to similar tasks around the site. If you're interested to help, we invite you to join the group! Fill out the Group Participation Agreement form to get going.Click the image above to view the UMA Movie, which premiered at the 23rd Internet Identity Workshop in October 2016. If you're attending the Cloud Identity Summit, don't miss the UMA 2.0 talk on June 22 by editors Justin and Eve
We are undertaking some important new work on an UMA "policy manager" extension, and more. You can check it out by reading our Meetings and Minutes, and if you're interested to contribute, be sure to click our Join link above! ⬆︎
Here are the UMA Grant (PDF, HTML for deep linking) and UMA Federated Authorization Recommendations (PDF, HTML for deep linking). Don't miss the UMA2 masterclass delivered by two UMAnitarians at the Identiverse conference in Boston in June 2018 (slides and video). (The slides and video from the previous year's Authorization: Age of UMA session set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was also a big hit!) The Release Notes review all final UMA1-to-UMA2 changes. See also the UMA Implementer's Guide, our list of known Implementations, and discussions of Case Studies. Finally, see the detailed UMA Grant sequence diagram and FedAuthz sequence diagram.
, like us on FacebookSee the UMA Roadmap for 2016 page to see the use cases and technical issues that the Work Group has focused on in its
User-Managed Access (UMA) is an award-winning OAuth-based protocol designed to give an individual a unified control point for authorizing who and what can get access to their digital data, content, and services, no matter where all those things live. Read the specs, join the group, check out the implementations, follow us on Twitter
The group is currently working on extensions to UMA V2.0
(See the Join link on this page.)May 25: The Work Group is pleased to announce that it has published the UMA Version 2.0 Draft Recommendations, approved for their Public Comment period: UMA 2.0 Grant for OAuth 2.0 Authorization (UMA Grant rev 05) and Federated Authorization for UMA 2.0 (FedAuthz rev 05). To comment, please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "UMAWG COMMENT SUBMISSION". For details about this period, see the Kantara announcement.March 3: The UMA Legal subgroup is meeting again to look at important new deliverables. If you've got a legal specialty, or want to contribute to the connection between consent/permission/authorization/delegation and the regulatory data protection world, you're just the kind of person we're looking for.November 4: The UMA Legal subgroup has a new sharpened-up charter today! Check out the Legal page for links to interim deliverables. Particularly if you're a "legal eagle", are familiar with GDPR, or have business use cases involving delegation or proxies/guardians, we'd love for you to join us and help out.
- 10 Jun '21: Congratulations to the new leadership team members! Alec Laws (of Identos) is the Chair and Steve Venema (of ForgeRock) is the Vice-Chair. The WG extends its thanks to former Chair Eve Maler for her previous service as chair. Information about the entire leadership team is here.
- 20 Apr '21: You can get the latest and greatest UMA 101 presentation delivered by UMAnitarians Eve and George at IIW here.
- 3 Dec '20: The UMA Work Group is pleased to accept a new profile contribution (to be provided immently) related to UK Pensions Dashboards as shown on-screen at its meeting today. Read all about it on our updated Third-Party Profiles and Extensions page.
- 15 Oct '20: We are undertaking some important new work on an UMA "policy manager" extension, and more. You can check it out by reading our Meetings and Minutes, and if you're interested to contribute, be sure to click our Join link above! ⬆︎
- 1 Oct '20: WG chair Eve Maler presented UMA to the Decentralized Identity Foundation Secure Data Storage WG. Here are her slides.
- 22 Nov '19: There's a new implementation up on the Implementations page: PatientShare from Lush Group. It's also an implementation of the HEART profiles. Read all about it and check it out!