- Please remember to update your entry on the Consent Receipts Implementations Page - this is a major landing point for external viewers and raises awareness of the CIS WG work and your product too
- Update on Charter refresh work Review doc in draft
- Discuss next steps for receipt specification
|2 mins||Motion to approve prior minutes|
MOTION: To approve all and any outstanding meeting minutes requiring approval.
ACTION: Andrew to update meeting minutes status as indicated.
Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:
There is a wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Jim, or John, or Andrew of your implementation.Reminder next week call is dedicated to Jan Lindquist from Dativa, HyperLedger Indy and other projects consent receipts lifecycle using blockchain.
- MyData, Helsinki, September
- Save the Date September 4, 2019 Noon Eastern - Using the "CMS" GoToMeeting dial info
- presentation and deiscussion from Nancy Kim and Lisa - uses of the term 'consent' - Q&A from Nancy's publication 'Consentability'
- Discussion ongoing re finalization of the Charter - need to finalize soon so we can get on with activities
- Suggestion: Make one CISWG meeting per month dedicated to Demos plus updates from other related standards work
- To get inspiration from others, connect the dots
- General support for this idea!
- Motion: To schedule the 1st meeting of each month for demos and updates about other related work
- Moved: Lisa L
- Second: John W
- Discussion: none
- Motion carried.
- ACTION: All to send to CIS WG mailing list (email@example.com) about intention to demo at next session - Chairs will schedule.
|0 min||News about new implementations||All|
This is a new standing agenda item where we can hear about new implementations of receipts.
- Hyperledger Indie Cr Demo
- Overtaken by events - see action item about monthly meeting allocation for demos and related initiatives.
|1 min||Processing feature requests for v.next specification work|
|5 min||News and Happenings||Jim|
Additional meeting overlap from the CMS Group date time for the a special presentation from Nancy Kim providing her perceptive on Consent from her new book “Consentability” to be held on Sept. 4th at 12:00PM EDT using the CSM call in details. Please get a hold of either Jm or Lisa LeVassseur for more information if you’d like.
|0 min||Demo status update||all|
Recording from Identiverse should be available by the end of July. The presentation is now modular with short videos available to show implementations in Kantara Members' products- link to come soon (might only be available to conference attendees - will request a YouTube version from the organizers).
|0 min||Specification update approach|
See a flowchart version of this here:
|0 10 min||WG Charter Refresh||Iain Henderson|
- No update ongoing revisions to draft Charter
James: Lisa --> https://www.w3.org/ns/dpv and with GDPR-focus --> https://www.w3.org/ns/dpv-gdpr
- is there anyone interested in working on the Consent Survey? It covers Consent, Permission and Authorisations forms - specifically the use of the term, the definition and the data capture label ..
- it will also be really interesting to see - how much of the use of the word consent in the wild would match with the CR legal and standards definitions. - and what variations there might be across different sectors/languages etc.
- I like that idea - if we are to put a project in the charter - a champion should also be listed in the Charter.
- the issue of a liaison work - and collaboration needs a charter and IPR agreements
- Lisa - maybe we can ask the attorneys to help with an ipr agreement?
- that being the case the work here lays out an approach that has a lot of merits, including starting with sheets, going to graphs, etc..
- When we discussed it last week, Sal, I seem to recall it was stuff we knew we wanted to do and would rely on internal champions to drive things?
- So I think that ELISA falls under the Information sharing agreement bullet items [wherever the work is done]--is that right, Jim?
- SAL: I agree.. and unless there is one person in charge of each deliverable to a product in 1 year, I don't see the group generally getting it all done
Recommendation to Andrew is to create projects with a project manager as the key stakeholder who is the interface internally and externally.
- Chairs have asked Lisa to assist Iain as an editor to move quickly to finalization
- Note that Consent Management Solutions WG charter update is hung up waiting for CIS WG charter update
- Need to understand what parts are covered in CIS WG and what parts are covered in CMS WG
- Lisa walked through the current Word document draft
- See the updates in the Word doc
- Lisa will look for diagrams showing the high-level 'information management' paradigm/framework.
- e.g. Authority to collect and process information; Processing information within the Authority; Modification of Authority
- e.g. Cross-cutting concerns from the OECD privacy principles (or similar) Accountability, Transparency, Choice, Control etc.
- e.g. On top of this matrix, Kantara can place the artifacts and discussion topics on the nodes - so 'Consent Receipt' is a transparency and accountability artifact in the Authority phase. and so on.
|15 min||Upcoming events update||All|
- Andrew gave an overview of the Consent 'make it happen' session at MyData
- Jan L is presenting on the Hyperledger Aries/Consent work - he will have a LIVE!!! DEMO!!! to show there
- Andrew will have a table at the 2x demo hour lunch sessions Thursday and Friday - to engage people to discover previously-unknown implementations and new ideas
- Lisa will be hosting a combined Me2B/VRM day on the Monday of IIW week
- Me2B is grappling with all the big chunks that are needed to get to 'trustable technology'
- Goal is to work on one of each of these every IIW
- First one for October 2019 is 'Ethical, Profitable and Fundable business models'
- Also will work on Me2B standards work face-to-face
*** Next call 2019-08-22 10:30 am Eastern DAYLIGHT Time
- MOTION: To adjourn
- Moved: Jim P
- Second: Andrew
- Discussion: None
- Motion Motion Carried