Status of Minutes
Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>> 2019-12-12 Meeting notes (CR) DRAFT
- Andrew Hughes
- Mark Lizar
- Oscar Santolalla
- Jim Pasquale
- Colin Wallis
- Sal D'Agostino
Meeting was <<>> quorate
Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 5 of 9 as of 2018-07-12
Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Harri Honko, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale, John Wunderlich, Andrew Hughes, Oscar Santolalla, Richard Gomer
- Dev Team status
- Sequence diagram and roles status
- Storyboard status
- Stage narrative status
- Team issues and show stoppers
Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:
There is a new wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Andrew of your implementation.
Planning a Member Plenary meeting October 26-ish San Francisco (Friday after IIW)
- Are there specific cross-group items you'd like to propose to work on?
|40 min||Interoperable Consent Receipt demo at MyData Conference||All|
1) Dev team status
Google drive folder for export/import of consent receipts
- Code to export is complete, not exposed in the UI yet
- CR generation in prototype now - sample file uploaded
- Should have demo account set up by August 13 week
- Writing a mini-spec to map CR field names to a set of GDPR terms
2) Sequence diagram and roles status
3) Storyboard status
4) Stage narrative status
- Andrew has not started - aiming for end of next week
5) Team Issues and showstoppers discussion
OpenConsent raised an issue:
The result is that there is no PII. Controller name in a receipt produced spec an viewed in the viewer.
From OC -viewer conformance input - The spec does not clearly differentiate between child objects (or values) and their parents. Thus the spec defines piiController as an array. What it then does is list a number of other fields WITHOUT indicating that they are a grouped object that is what is in the array.
From what I can tell 4.4.2 (line 319) refers to an array, this array is comprised of objects (i.e. more than one field) which is made of 4.4.3 - 4.4.9 (lines 323 to 358).
However in the spec there are simply a long list of fields with no indication as to which are children of others. 4.4.10 (line 359) for example, has no indication as to whether it is a part of the piiController object (4.4.3 - 4.4.9) or is a sibling of piiControllers (4.4.2)
piiController - should an array of piiController objects - and this should be explicity stated in the spec
piiController should not be a string, neither should service or purpose - these fields should also be reviewed to be an object .. Might also have a name field (or description field in the object that is a string.
- Call notes on the issue:
- The Page 16 content is a JSON Schema, not an example
- The issue is resolved - no changes required to the spec
- An example JSON file would be helpful, especially if there are joint controllers
- Colin - UK ICO grant funding proposal call is open now - AdUnity, OpenConsent interested in this
- Colin was on the bidders call earlier this week
I (Andrew) quickly reviewed the Grant info linked above, and I think there might be a fit.
The possible research topic and solution might be:
- purposes categories and examples for one or more industry verticals
- use of consent receipts to inform data subjects of their ongoing rights
- surveys of opinions of use of consent as a justification for data processing
- research into standardization of consent management (including market surveys to document current practices)
Submission deadline is August 17.
2018-08-16 same time, same number
GOAL IS TO HAVE ALL DEMO PARTICIPANTS JOIN THE CALL TO WORK OUT ANY MAJOR ISSUES