|Roll Call||Roll call was taken, quorum was confirmed|
UMA: upcoming request to vote to certify UMA to all-member ballot
CISWG: Consent receipt will be in March
Draft minutes for approval:
2016-09-07 Meeting Notes_DRAFTMinutes
2016-10-19 Meeting Notes_DRAFTMinutes
2016-11-16 Meeting Notes_DRAFTMinutes
2016-12-14 Meeting Notes_DRAFTMinutes
"To approve listed meeting minutes"
Motion by: John Wunderlich
Second: Sal 1,2,3 Eve 4
|Executive Director and Staff Report|
- See Directors Corner post from December 31
- Board/LC strategy meeting @ RSA week - will there be a remote dial in? Colin will check.
- Post was summarized in the Members Newsletter last week
- Reviewed the challenging 2016 year. Despite that, Kantara did a lot with what they have. Not many organizations build - Kantara should be proud of what they do.
- Challenges - need members, funding, sponsors.
- Colin has been working on the non-assertion covenant draft and IPR policies, consistent with bylaws. Colin to bring back to the group next month to review, and decide if a ballot is needed.
- Once Board approves, member companies can notify their legal departments of the change.
- Staff is working on budgets for Board meeting tomorrow. If working groups need resources, will need to secure sponsor funding.
- Oliver will host a discussion around a portal to nail down requirements. Create advisory committee.
|LC Chair Report|
2016 - a good year that built interest and new energy and new participation
2017 - a good year to harness that energy and start the positive spiral
Andrew's Plans for LC 2017:
- Drive the creation of the Kantara Initiative Global Collaboration and Innovation Center portal as a focal point for members/non-members
- Publication platform for DG/WG outputs
- Single point of discovery for Kantara outputs and programs
- Focus on the value of Kantara membership to members and participants
- The benefits of membership over and above DG/WG participation
- Support and growth of technical communities
- Identity Assurance, Identity & Access Federations
- Information Sharing (right now this is GDPR instigated, but the community is much broader)
- Personal Data Ecosystems
- Blockchain (which slice?)
- Smart Contracts (which slice?)
- Sovereign / autonomous actors (is this viable?)
- Also, support for joint-effort work between different DG/WG
- Refinement of Kantara Operating Procedures to accurately reflect WG/DG scope of activities
- Clarification of types of Kantara publications
- Recommendations, Reports exist - what are Technical Specifications?
- Discussion of 'maintenance mode' groups v 'development mode' groups
- Finalization of IPR contributor covenant
- Formalization of use of GitHub (and other) repositories for Kantara material
Overall: Drive value creation and value capture for Kantara members and participants
- Eve reported a person who was not clear on member mechanics - need to refine the membership pitch, perhaps adding a video/slideshare to the homepage. Remove friction and pain points to becoming a member.
- Mark would like to see onboarding document as part of the WG operating resources.
- Kantara has a trusted brand, inherited from Liberty, perhaps invest in media around principles and how they align with business schools to attract more members.
- Andrew will release this plan to the group for input.
Stay tuned for discussion drafts about:
- How communities could choose to document standard practices and evolve into voluntary codes of practice or conformity assessment programs.
- Options for WG/DG publications categories
- Ideas for the portal structure
Face 2 Face member, DG/WG meetings calendar
- Want to start holding plenary meetings in 2017
- Both member-only (like an AGM-style) plus all-comers style
- Want to post a regular calendar of F2F meeting opportunities
- Send me details of recurring industry/government events that we could meet at
- Discussion around Kantara producing its own event, co-producing/operating, or producing a workshop at another event - a day before or a day after an existing event.
- Annual review of DG/WG Charters
- Annual verification of voting roster and quorum determination
- Roadmaps for 2017
- What publications are in the works?
- Is the group in development mode or maintenance mode?
- Invite your vice-chairs and secretaries to attend the LC call
- Colin offered report to eGov
- Codes of conduct, minimum practice guides, standards of practice, body of knowledge are being produced. Could Kantara take eGov's code of conduct and build it into a standard?
- Looking for a way to move forward, across Kantara. Sal will share with this group for a conversation within the LC
- .UMA has started a roadmap and is targeted for end of Q1
|Launching New WG/DG's|
- Re-start the Privacy and Public Policy WG
- Reformulation of the Consent and Information Sharing WG into a flat-ish hierarchy of related sub-WGs & project teams
- oversight working group around information sharing, and several sub-working groups with project teams.
- If there is a project to be done, create a ream with any interested parties from the working groups.
- Example - consent receipt collaboration
- Cross collaboration
- Create a group to produce position papers
|Action Items Review|
Please take a moment to review the list of action items and do your best to take action.
|Policies & Procedures update|
Volunteers needed to identify areas requiring work (1 meeting)
Volunteers needed to meet a couple times and deal with outstanding issues to move this to final draft.
Drafts are here: Working Drafts
|Tips and Tricks|
Andrew still looking for a github tutorial! Anyone have youtube links or willing to record a simplistic screen capture?
|Kantara Policy Audit||OBE - remove for next meeting|
|2017 Project Funding||Reminder that all funding requests were due several months ago. At the very latest requests must be in by the first of February for Board consideration.|
|Document repo/Publications Library||Andrew's plan is to change this item into: Global Collaboration and Innovation Center development project|
List of future events on KantaraInitiative.org
|18th Annual Privacy and Security Conference|| ||February 8-10, 2017||Victoria, CA|
|RSA Conference||RSA USA 2017||February 13-17, 2017||San Francisco, US|
|Trust & Internet Identity Meeting Europe + concurrent meetings||TIIME||February 20-24, 2017||Vienna, AT|
|Identity & KYC Summit Europe|| ||March 1-2, 2017||London, UK|
|Internet Identity Workshop #24 + pre-workshops + post-meetings||IIW 2017 A||March 2-4, 2017||Mountain View, US|
|ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27 Plenary and Working Group Meetings||ISO SC 27||April 18-25, 2017||Hamilton, NZ|
|European Identity and Cloud Conference 2017||EIC 2017||May 9-12, 2017||Munich, DE|
|Identity North 2017**||IDN 2017||June 6-7, 2017||Toronto, CA|
|Cloud Identity Summit **||CIS 2017||June 19-22, 2017||Chicago, US|
** Not listed on Kantara site yet