Status of Minutes
Approved at: <<Insert link to minutes showing approval>> 2019-12-12 Meeting notes (CR) DRAFT
- Andrew Hughes
- Mark Lizar
- Richard Gomer
- Claire Denton
- Marvin van Wingerde (iQualitiy)
- Joss Langford
- Colin Wallis
- Tom Jones
- Chris Cooper
- Oscar Santolalla
- Kartik Venkatesh
- Jim Pasquale
Meeting was <<>> quorate
Participant Roster (2016) - Quorum is 5 of 9 as of 2018-07-12
Iain Henderson, Mary Hodder, Harri Honko, Mark Lizar, Jim Pasquale, John Wunderlich, Andrew Hughes, Oscar Santolalla, Richard Gomer
- Dev Team status
- Sequence diagram and roles status
- Storyboard status
- Stage narrative status
- Team issues and show stoppers
Please review these blogs offline for current status on Kantara and all the DG/WG:
There is a new wiki page that will hold all the known implementations of Consent Receipts - Please update the page or inform Andrew of your implementation.
Planning a Member Plenary meeting October 26-ish San Francisco (Friday after IIW)
- Are there specific cross-group items you'd like to propose to work on?
|40 min||Interoperable Consent Receipt demo at MyData Conference||All|
1) Dev team status
Google drive folder for export/import of consent receipts
- Developers have promised CR output Week of August 6-10 - we will be looking for the output in the shared google folder
- Viewer has been started - looking to get receipts from others
- Target is August 15 to be able to display CRs
- Open call to suggest features for OC to include - provide them this week if possible
- currently in their 2-week dev sprint - target completion week of August 6-10
- Resource and scheduling estimates for creating an external CR for an existing app
2) Sequence diagram and roles status
- Any questions?
- No other comments
3) Storyboard status
- OpenConsent is looking at how to make a pseudonymous CR repo available (but not for this demo project)
- Classification Of Everyday Living (COEL) Specification (OASIS) - incudes references to the CR Spec. Allows for standardized encoding of personal 'events' in a person's life - including consents. In this instance, this means that there is a centralized-architecture repository that could be used to store consents. Right now it is for 'research purposes' - Joss is looking into how to make this available for 'commercial purposes'.
- No other comments
4) Stage narrative status
- Starting work on this now
5) Team Issues and showstoppers discussion
- Q: in the spec, Services is described as a 'business service'. But these days, companies are describing this as a 'category of business purposes'.
- A: 'Service' is the name and description of the service - an unspecified field - mainly for humans
- A: 'Purpose category' is to describe the business service purposes
- A: If there is a Service with the same Purposes and the same Data as anonther Service, then they are indistinguishable.
- Q: How are we envisioning asking the 'do you consent to this' question?
- A: The Notice part of the flows have not been worked out yet in this group, deliberately.
- Q: Have we decided on what format/location/interface will be recommended for the 'exported' CRs?
- A: Right now, it's files in the Downloads folder (or a user-selected folder) - the 'real' discussion about this will be deferred until after the demo in August.
- Q: How does COEL spec relate to the IETF secevent RFC?
- mydata session - Joss
- OneTrust, Nixu, JLINC, Kantara
- Andrew asked for 20 minutes for the demo
- Joss suggests that the Kantara demo goes last then transitions to Q&A for all
- Q: Are there special provisions needed on the mydata web site to help people interact with the demo?
- Need to focus the mydata demo presentation to trigger 'delivery' and action instead of 'interest'
- Colin - UK ICO grant funding proposal call is open now - Ubisecure, AdUnity interested in this
- Colin was on the bidders call earlier this week
I (Andrew) quickly reviewed the Grant info linked above, and I think there might be a fit.
The possible research topic and solution might be:
- purposes categories and examples for one or more industry verticals
- use of consent receipts to inform data subjects of their ongoing rights
- surveys of opinions of use of consent as a justification for data processing
- research into standardization of consent management (including market surveys to document current practices)
Submission deadline is August 17.
2018-08-02 same time, same number
GOAL IS TO HAVE ALL DEMO PARTICIPANTS JOIN THE CALL TO WORK OUT ANY MAJOR ISSUES