[WG-UMA] For email and Oct 9 discussion/closure: OAuth vs. UMA endpoint names (issue 84)

Maciej Machulak maciej.machulak at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 19:22:05 CDT 2014

Hi all,

As promised during the call, I am commenting on the issue so that we can
progress with resolving it.

I am OK with language changes... but I would like to discuss whether this
will not cause further confusion if we decide to progress with
authorization_endpoint and authorization_request_endpoint in the spec as
well as in the configuration data. Maybe the latter endpoint should be
called rpt_endpoint?

Cheers, Maciej

On 7 October 2014 17:15, Eve Maler <eve at xmlgrrl.com> wrote:

> https://github.com/xmlgrrl/UMA-Specifications/issues/84
>
> OAuth says (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749):
>
> - token endpoint
> - authorization endpoint
>
> UMA says (http://docs.kantarainitiative.org/uma/draft-uma-core.html):
>
> - token endpoint
> - user authorization endpoint
>
> And UMA's config data has properties for (
> http://docs.kantarainitiative.org/uma/draft-uma-core.html#rfc.section.1.4
> ):
>
> - token_endpoint
> - user_endpoint
>
> The OAuth language was in flux and we were a little bit in flux with it in
> the early days. Now that OAuth is settled, do we want to change anything in
> either the conceptual language, such as removing the word "user" (which
> would be fairly non-invasive), or the config data, such as
> s/user_endpoint/authorization_endpoint (which would be backwards
> incompatible but perhaps a relatively minor change in the scheme of things)?
>
>         Eve
>
> Eve Maler                                  http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog
> +1 425 345 6756                         http://www.twitter.com/xmlgrrl

Maciej Machulak