[WG-UMA] For email and Oct 9 discussion/closure: OAuth vs. UMA endpoint names (issue 84)

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Tue Oct 7 10:15:24 CDT 2014

https://github.com/xmlgrrl/UMA-Specifications/issues/84

OAuth says (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749):

- token endpoint
- authorization endpoint

UMA says (http://docs.kantarainitiative.org/uma/draft-uma-core.html):

- token endpoint
- user authorization endpoint

And UMA's config data has properties for (http://docs.kantarainitiative.org/uma/draft-uma-core.html#rfc.section.1.4):

- token_endpoint
- user_endpoint

The OAuth language was in flux and we were a little bit in flux with it in the early days. Now that OAuth is settled, do we want to change anything in either the conceptual language, such as removing the word "user" (which would be fairly non-invasive), or the config data, such as s/user_endpoint/authorization_endpoint (which would be backwards incompatible but perhaps a relatively minor change in the scheme of things)?