[WG-UMA] RO asynchronous authorization request

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Tue Aug 5 15:59:00 CDT 2014

Hi Marcelo-- A couple of thoughts...

To date, this has been solved only at the proprietary "application layer", using a plain "not_authorized_permission" error and sending an email to the RqP when the RO has granted access. The sample app shown in the latest webinar recording (check out minutes 24 through 39) demonstrate this.

There are a number of ways to go if we were to build something into core UMA, something like a way to poll. On the other hand, the easiest thing might be a JSON extension to the "not_authorized_permission" response (in the same way we're extending need_claims for the claim profiling framework) to give hints about when to try again. If the RqP has been refused, it's not really a need_claims situation, more of a "you're not authorized now, but we're checking for you".

If we go back far enough in time, this starts to look like the Liberty Interaction Service, which was probably way overcooked for what it was trying to accomplish. :-) These days, hooking up the AS to the Twilio APIs or something would enable phone-based approvals or similar...and then we'd end up with something like this!

	Eve