[WG-UMA] Draft minutes for UMA telecon 2012-10-25

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Fri Oct 26 15:25:37 EDT 2012

Action Item Summary
The action item number is the date the item was assigned, followed by a number. Old closed items will be removed from the list periodically. (OBE = overtaken by events)

Topic area	
2012-07-19-3	Eve	Open	Put feature tests on the OSIS wiki.	Interop	In progress. Eve has shared feature tests with Pamela Dingle, who will put them up on the site. We still need to revise and put up the Section 3 tests.
2012-10-18-1	Domenico	Open	Look at issue #10, on security considerations, and provide feedback.	Technical	 
2012-10-18-2	Thomas	Open	Start writing a higher-ed UMA profile, with Maciej's help.	Technical/Educational	 
2012-10-20-1	Adrian Gropper	Open	Write healthcare-related UMA case study.	Educational	 
2012-10-20-2	Mike/Gluu	Open	Write enterprise UMA case study.	Educational	 
2012-10-25-1	Keith	Open	Reach out to Leif to assess the connectedness of various attribute efforts.	Technical	 

Roll call
Quorum was not reached. Keith introduces himself: He attended the webinar and was impressed. He's a senior IT architect at U Wisconsin-Madison. He's been closely following issues around identity and attribute ecosystems, privacy, and more. UMA brings a new flavor.

Meeting reminders
No meeting next week! Nov 8 meeting has summertime skew! See below for details.
Chair election
Eve nominates herself again (Sal seconds). We'll hold an electronic ballot since it will be a while before we'll have another all-hands meeting.

Liaison activity
UMA+AXN: We're hoping that Maciej has been meeting successfully with AXN folks at IIW this week. Keith notes that Leif's work in the Attribute Management group seems to be related.
XACML TC: Eve shared the results of the meeting with the XACML TC. Are bridging scenarios the most promising way to tackle enterprise-plus-long-tail scenarios? We shall see.
PMRM: Eve sent links to our case studies along to Peter Brown for sharing. He mentioned the new OASIS TC starting: Privacy-by-Design for Software Engineers. This brought up discussion of another new TC for Cloud Authorization.
Please, everyone, get the word out that the YouTube video from the Google Tech Talk is now publicly available.
Thomas attended Adrian Gropper's seminar recently, and the Harvard privacy group to which he was presenting pushed back on his "consent management" characterization. Authorization seems to be a better word.
Let's think about doing another webinar in the December timeframe, if we can show off a different scenario.
On Nov 8, we'll plan to work on the host-AM discovery service registration model and the security considerations. (Eve can't attend, but will help Sal with the latter task offline.) Alam will send to the group any issues that are high-priority for him.

As of 25 Oct 2012 (pre-meeting), quorum is 8 of 14.
Thomas Hardjono
Sal D'Agostino
Lukasz Moren
Keith Hazelton
Dave Coxe
Riccardo (tried to get in on Skype but had trouble)
Next Meetings
NO meeting on Thursday, 1 November 2012, at 9am PT - too many people out!
FOCUS meeting on Thursday, 8 November 2012, at 9am PT (time chart) - technical - Eve regrets - Maciej will chair -summertime skew! UK/Europe one hour earlier than usual
FOCUS meeting on Thursday, 15 November 2012, at 9am PT (time chart) - technical/interop - UK/Europe back to "normal"
NO meeting on Thursday, 22 November 2012, at 9am PT - U.S. Thanksgiving holiday
All-hands meeting on Thursday, 29 November 2012, at 9am PT (time chart) - educational and all topics

Eve Maler                                  http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog
+1 425 345 6756                         http://www.twitter.com/xmlgrrl

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/wg-uma/attachments/20121026/076ccde3/attachment-0001.html 

More information about the WG-UMA mailing list