[WG-UMA] Carlos Trigoso: introduction

Susan Morrow susan.morrow at avocosecure.com
Tue Oct 23 05:56:42 EDT 2012

Hi Carlos,

We met at the DWP technology WG a while back.

I have been involved with UMA for a while, but have had to bow out due to
ill health in recent months.

I agree entirely that UMA can be an important component of other protocol
bases systems such as SAML. In fact I am writing a paper at present as a
deliverable for a UK Gov, Technology Strategy Board project, that proffers
UMA as a user led policy engine component of a system that ties SAML based
identities (or in fact any claims based ID system, including OpenID Connect)
with personal data stores.

The current project is nearing its end so we don't have time to actually do
an implementation, unfortunately, but this paper will suggest this is done
as a possible future extension.

Best

Susan

Susan Morrow
Head of R&D
Avoco Secure Ltd
@susiemorrow

E.  susan.morrow at avocosecure.com <mailto:gerry.obrien at avocosecure.com>
W.  http://www.avocosecure.com <http://www.avocosecure.com/>

Avoco Secure are providers of Cloud Identity, Security and Privacy
solutions.

Registered Office: Avoco Secure Ltd., 16 St. Martin's-le-Grand, London EC1A
4EE. Company number : 04778206 - Registered in England and Wales.

This email including any attachments is confidential and may be legally
privileged. This email is  intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that
you have received this email in error, please advise the sender IMMEDIATELY
by return email and then DELETE it from your system. The unauthorised use,
distribution, dissemination, copying or alteration of this email is strictly
FORBIDDEN.