[WG-UMA] Carlos Trigoso: introduction

carlos.trigoso at accenture.com carlos.trigoso at accenture.com
Tue Oct 23 04:34:57 EDT 2012

Hello,

I just joined the UMA initiative work group. As you will see from my affiliation (I work for Accenture), I come from the technology consulting industry. I discovered UMA through the work from Eve Maler.

A fundamental reason for approaching this Kantara work group is direct experience with evolving requirements in the industry, where we see the need to complement/extend the standard federation patterns with user-centric capabilities.

My reading of the UMA papers and specifications tells me that this is the way to go. I hope to adopt the UMA patterns, test them in my own projects and perhaps contribute to this initiative with some interesting implementations.

The goal is to investigate the viability of implementing the UMA protocol outside of the OAuth authorisation transfer model, and also independently of the OAuth technology itself. I know that this may sound strange but my sense is that  UMA can and should stand alongside and complete/complement "old" standards like SAML and XACML.

I hope that this makes some sense to the UMA team.

Thank you and congratulations for your excellent initiative.

Regards,
Carlos Trigoso
Senior Manager
Accenture -  Security Practice
30 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3BD, United Kingdom
Mobile: +44.7824896060
Email: carlos.trigoso at accenture.com<https://email.accenture.com/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>
Blog:http://carlos-trigoso.com<http://carlos-trigoso.com/>
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this email by you is prohibited. Communications with Accenture or any of its group companies ("Accenture Group") including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by us for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with company policy. Accenture Group does not accept service by e-mail of court proceedings, other processes or formal notices of any kind. Accenture means Accenture (UK) Limited (registered number 4757301), Accenture Services Limited (registered number 2633864), or Accenture HR Services Limited (registered number 3957974), all registered in England and Wales with registered addresses at 30 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 3BD, as the case may be.

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.