[WG-UMA] Transform e-magazine

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Mon Nov 19 09:50:56 EST 2012

Aha, I know Bob from the earliest days of SAML -- say hello for me. :-) One of the things I'd love to understand is the health establishment's view of "consent". Is it defined parochially, as passive consent of the "yes, I agree" sort? Or does it admit a broader definition that I prefer to call "authorization" through pre-configured policy? I believe that the broadly defined version can be much more powerful than mere passive consent because it enables the individual to offer terms of access rather than accept other parties' already worked-out terms. I made that case here...

http://www.w3.org/2010/policy-ws/papers/18-Maler-Paypal.pdf

	Eve