[WG-UMA] UMA Trust Model User Guide

Neil McEvoy neil.mcevoy at l5consulting.net
Mon May 21 12:02:51 EDT 2012

Hi Eve

It seems like a similar process to the TM Forum - tmforum.org

They run various sigs that output standards and process models etc., with
vendor members of the forum then mapping these on to their various CRM,
OSS applications.

I'm wondering about the same thing for UMA/Kantara, ie is it at the stage
where mapping these UMA use cases on to possible vendors eg.
Salesforce.com, is a useful way to help move things forward?

I'd be keen to help with this, and in particular I'd like to add value by
combining them with other use case efforts, most notably the NIST Cloud
Business Use Cases, where they stipulate Identity related components.

Overall it would be great to target high level application areas, eg
'Drivers Licence Applications', with a view to coming up with a solution
something like a Salesforce.com government app with "UMA Inside" kinda
thing, ie showcasing UMA-compliant apps.

As a first example please see a similar use case project we've started,
also targeting e-health with a view to SOA/Identity related integration
through SaaS Cloud. Again it would be good to incorporate UMA into these
docs.

Kind regards,

Neil.