[WG-UMA] UMA Trust Model User Guide

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Sat May 19 14:26:18 EDT 2012

Hi Neil-- All great points. Note that we do have a Scenarios and Use Cases doc that's quite extensive (Domenico contributed to it...), and also a fledgling User Stories doc:

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/UMA+Scenarios+and+Use+Cases
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/User+Stories

But these were created in an era before we had the basic architecture specified, since we wanted simply to be sure that we were designing something that met our scenario goals. I suspect it's now time to map scenarios (old ones and some new ones we've been collecting) to UMA's actual structure. This could be a kind of cookbook of design patterns, where those with (what they think may be) an "UMA-shaped hole" can see if UMA would actually fit.

So the "trust model user guide" could potentially grow into a full "deployer's guide", which is something we've discussed -- it could wrap everything into one easy-to-digest package. Thoughts? What's the ideal table of contents from a new deployer's perspective?

(Someone also just suggested to me that a FAQ specifically on the new Binding Obligations stuff might be a good idea. I might play with that this weekend.)

	Eve

p.s. I revised the Binding Obs spec yesterday to incorporate some comments from Dazza around NSTIC-friendly terminology and more; you can see it at: http://docs.kantarainitiative.org/uma/draft-uma-trust.html