[WG-UMA] Proposal Idea (was: Re: Sticky Policies)

Mario Hoffmann mario.hoffmann at aisec.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jul 18 04:03:11 EDT 2012

Dear Kevin,

Thank you very much for pointing to this project and for your excellent
timing!

I was just about to prepare for a meeting with those guys next week in
Oxford where we will meet the people from HP Labs Bristol and the Univ.
of Oxford.

The overlap and obvious relevance to UMA (which I will promote referring
to our reference implementation) now brings me back to the idea from
last year starting a R&D project proposal under the flag of the EU
Research Programme - the objectives for Call 10 have been published
recently (see
http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portalplus/static/docs/calls/fp7/common/32767-annex_6_to_the_decision_ict_for_cap_en.pdf).
A summary of the most relevant challenges and objectives can be checked
in the document attached.

I am still very much in favour of proposing a project based on the
intentional aims and open questions of UMA. After a first attempt last
year in Call 8 the announced call 10, however, is not focusing identity
explicitly but there are plenty of opportunities for introducing our
approaches as enablers in conrete application scenarios (such as mobile
services, smart cities, eHealth and AAL for instance). Have a look at
the working programme.

So far so good ... I propose coming back to this opportunity after the
meeting with HP next week :)

Kind regards
Mario