[WG-UMA] The Australian Privacy Amendments Bill

Neil McEvoy neil.mcevoy at l5consulting.net
Wed Jul 4 04:59:39 EDT 2012

This is really great.

I am organizing a workshop soon where the Ontario Privacy Commissioners
office is fielding the keynote speaker.

I`d love to showcase UMA as part of this, highlighting these kinds of
developments.

Recommendations for how to incorporate UMA into privacy legislations is
D-Dynamite!

Neil.

>  Dear Kevin,
>
> I believe that your proposal it's useful for the cause of User Managed
> Access.
>
> i'll send to you my comments/support as soon as possible.
>
> Riccardo
>
> Avv. Riccardo Abeti
> Studio Legale Abeti
> con sede in Roma (00197), Via Flaminia, 56
> tel.: 06.98381814 - fax: 06.62202181
> cell.: +39.347.7763438
> email: studiolegale at abeti.eu
> blog: www.iltecnoavvocato.it
> Skype: riccardo.abeti
> Da: wg-uma-bounces at kantarainitiative.org
> A: "UMA WG WG" wg-uma at kantarainitiative.org
> Data: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 04:41:56 +1000
> Oggetto: [WG-UMA] The Australian Privacy Amendments Bill
>

> The Australian Government is introducing a Privacy Amendments Bill.  This
> Bill is to update the existing privacy principles and to put in place
> recommendations from an enquiry.
>> The government has called for comments to be given to the Parliamentary
>> Committee who is looking at what goes into the bill. Comments need to be
>> in by the 20th July.
>

>> The attached document is my first draft of changes that if adopted will
>> result in all personal data held in Australia being made accessible to
>> the individual concerned.
>
>> I would welcome any comments.  If anyone wishes to support or endorse
>> the changes then those expressions of support could be added to the
>> submission.  The changes have been driven, amongst other things, by the
>> need to allow the credit bureaus to provide positive credit checks.
>>  Australia and NZ have negative credit checks but positive credit
>> checks have seen to be too difficult because of the privacy legislation.
>

>> I believe if we can get these changes into the Bill it will advance the
>> cause of User Managed Access.
>
>> Kevin
>
>> -- > 0413961090>
>
> Home +61 2 62410647> Skype cscoxk or +61 2 61003884> Fax +61 2 6103 0144>
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinrosscox

Neil McEvoy
Founder and President
Level 5 Consulting Group