[WG-UMA] Draft minutes of UMA telecon 2012-04-26

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Thu Apr 26 13:04:00 EDT 2012


http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/UMA+telecon+2012-04-26
Minutes
New AI summary
Thomas: Normatively xref to the Trust Model spec from the protocol spec and make the 2012-04-05 spec changes, getting input from Lukasz. Due by next Tuesday morning.

Roll call
Quorum was not reached.

Trey is from UnboundID. It's largely an infrastructure vendor for service providers and telcos, and they provide various aspects of identity management, including databases and higher-stack functions. His past included a lot of LDAP and UDDI work, and currently he works on SCIM. Their interest in UMA is about how carriers can manage release of user attributes.

Approve minutes of 2012-04-19 meeting
Deferred due to lack of quorum.

Upcoming meetings
No meeting next week
IIW 14 plans – Thursday afternoon "open meeting", Tuesday sessions of interest
Eve regrets for May 17 – chair pro tem? – Thomas is the default
Tweet chat #3 review
It was a success, though quieter than in the past. Interesting themes: trust model advertising, interop commitment, and potential carrier interest in location claims.

Let's consider the chat series concluded for now, and we'll do ad hoc ones or even weekly ones later when warranted.

Interop status
OSIS wiki namespace
Feature tests
Pamela is still planning to create that "UMA1" namespace. We'll develop feature tests after that.

Action item review
Domenico is pushing forward on the "triangle of trust" concept, and has drafted a short user guide that discusses what sort of accreditation system UMA deployers could participate in. Identity assurance plays a role.

Sal reviewed the Trust Model spec and has no significant comments at this time. One soft comment is that it's a little tricky to use the "levels of assurance" language. Should we switch to "levels of confidence" instead? At least soften the mention. Also, it's time to try out a normative reference to the Trust Model from the protocol.

Spec/issues review
Coordinating changes based on 2012-04-05 meeting
Trey has a greenfield on UMA development; they've already hardwired OAuth and OpenID Connect. We should put a premium on getting the protocol spec to absolute readiness for new developers as quickly as possible.

RPT endpoint question
We agreed to create a separate endpoint. The AM config data will need a change to add a rpt_endpoint. This makes the Authorization API be more interesting , since it will have two whole endpoints.

This new endpoint just issues RPTs (and eventually could revoke them). This enables requesters to manage RPTs the way they wish: They could have more than one per "user-tuple", they could (eventually) revoke them if the user leaves the requester's service, and if they lose an RPT, they can get another one.

We'll need a new section between 3.4.3 and 3.4.4 (and related intro revisions) explaining that the requester needs to get an RPT before starting to add permissions to them.

Rationale: Treating the RPT much more like an OAuth-style token is better for future-proofing (like revocation) and doesn't prematurely optimize the UMA flow. There is a small performance hit in doing the extra back-channel call; we'll be listening for implementer and deployer feedback on whether there's heartburn over this.

We should get explicit feedback on this decision at IIW before implementing it.

As far as we know, our issues list doesn't have any other hugely high-priority items on it! Everyone please review and say if you think differently.

Dynamic registration I-D status
Thomas will update to remove discovery stuff, as desired by the OAuth folks.

Attendees
As of 25 April 2012, quorum is 6 of 10.

Catalano, Domenico
D'Agostino, Salvatore
Drake, Trey
Hardjono, Thomas
Maler, Eve
Non-voting participants:

Nederkoorn, Cordny
Regrets:

Machulak, Maciej
Moren, Lukasz
Fletcher, George
Next Meetings
NO TELECON on Thursday, 3 May 2012 due to IIW
WG telecon on Thursday, 10 May 2012, at 9am PT (time chart)
WG telecon on Thursday, 17 May 2012, at 9am PT (time chart) – Eve regrets – Thomas will chair, or Maciej if available
WG telecon on Thursday, 24 May 2012, at 9am PT (time chart)


Eve Maler                                  http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog
+1 425 345 6756                         http://www.twitter.com/xmlgrrl

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/wg-uma/attachments/20120426/2c6f8ed7/attachment.html 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smile.gif
Type: image/gif
Size: 699 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/wg-uma/attachments/20120426/2c6f8ed7/attachment.gif 


More information about the WG-UMA mailing list