[WG-UMA] Ad hoc trust model meeting: Monday Nov 28 at 10am PT

Thomas Hardjono identity at hardjono.net
Wed Nov 23 09:45:49 EST 2011

If we need a webex session, I can set one up.

Please let me know.

cheers,

/thomas/

------------------------

&day=28&year=2011&hour=18&min=0&sec=0&p1=0&sort=2

This is the winning time for the ad hoc meeting; thanks to those who
filled out the Doodle poll. By way of cc, can I ask Kantara staff to
add this time to our online calendar and to see if there's a Skype
line free?

Please note that I myself *may* not be able to make the call. In the
spirit of spreading around the fun :-), can I ask Sal to facilitate
this call, keeping in mind the parameters we discussed last Thursday
(and pasted below)? If I can't make the call, can the KI staff ensure
he has the bridge activation info?

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/UMA+telecon+2011-1
1-17

Thanks!

            Eve

Trust model and implementer user guides/best practices work

A private thread on the trust model topic has blossomed. Susan wrote
the most recent entry. She has proposed a document outline that covers
qualitative and quantitative aspects of using UMA in a trust-enabled
deployment.

We think the audience should be: business owners and deployers of UMA.
If we have multiple audiences, we should probably branch out to
multiple documents. Or we can provide technical and business examples
side by side.

We think the document should cover topics like:

*	What should a technical UMA profile look like, for various
deployment requirements?
*	What UX constraints might be imposed?
*	How would you solve the problem of needing LOA on the
authentication of various parties?
*	How would you solve the problem of needing LOP/LOC on the
usage of shared data?
*	Introductory material (see Dom's graphics) that explains UMA's
approach to trust in a nutshell.

Kevin's company was approached by a government department looking to
write a document about trust. Legislation tends to be general, but the
examples are what gets followed. They become the de facto standard.
(The same is true for technical specs.) So we should strive to make
our examples good-quality.