[WG-UMA] graph person-to-organization constellation

Domenico Catalano domenico.catalano at oracle.com
Tue Mar 15 15:16:03 EDT 2011

Hi Rainer,

thanks for the comments/questions. You are not late, and the diagram show an early approach on which we are doing some assumptions.

The graph is a tentative to explore how to evaluate/calculate (Susan thinks about an algorithm) the degree of trust which can serve as a rational basis for the decision of relying on an Entity.

For UMA constellations, the idea is to leverage on two dimensional quantities:
- level of delegation Y-axes, (objective: based on protocol interactions)
- level of trustworthiness  X-axes (subjective: based on Entity point of view)

(the arrows represent the trust relationship map)

"In sum, the quantitative dimensions of trust are based on the quantitative dimensions of its cognitive constituents" (*).

Anyway, we're going to revise the approach based on last comments.

(*) http://www.istc.cnr.it/T3/trust/pages/degrees.html

Domenico
ps. attached a person-to-self sharing constellation