[WG-UMA] Draft minutes of UMA telecon 2011-07-21

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Thu Jul 21 13:53:07 EDT 2011

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/UMA+telecon+2011-07-21
Attendees
As of 8 July 2011 (pre-mtg), quorum is 7 of 12.

Catalano, Domenico
Maler, Eve
Szpot, Jacek
Wolniak, Maciej
Wray, Frank
Minutes
Roll call
Deferred due to lack of quorum.

Approve minutes of 2011-07-07 meeting
Deferred due to lack of quorum.

Upcoming event interest?
Be aware of the SWIFT Innotribe in Toronto event.

Review of publicity and webinar efforts
The presentation at Cloud Identity Summit went well; Jeremy Grant was in the audience.

We're starting to think of the hData use case as an interesting combination of data sensitivity and dynamicism that may suit us well in trying to integrate OpenID Connect features with UMA.

Review of UMA WG charter
It's time to think about next steps. Frank's opinion: We need to come up with concrete use cases that can guide implementations (e.g., hData!). This needs to get beyond POC level as soon as possible. Eve wonders if it's also time to start an implementor best practices document.

Work on core protocol open issues
Move to JRD for metadata?
We should add this as an issue. There's a consensus so far that JSON would be easier than XML (even by xmlgrrl!).

Jacek will probably generate more comments over the weekend.

Next Meetings
WG telecon on Thursday, 28 Jul 2011, at 9-10:30am PT (time chart)
Skype line "C": +9900827042954214
US: +1-201-793-9022 (other int'l numbers) | Room Code: 295-4214