[WG-UMA] Notes from 14 Jul 2011 issues discussion with Paul B.

Paul C. Bryan paul.bryan at forgerock.com
Thu Jul 14 18:37:20 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 19:41 +0100, Maciej Machulak wrote:

> As for the comment regarding claims, I’m not entirely sure that I
> understand that. The agent at the Requesting Party might or might not
> be required depending on the claim. But if we use AM as the point
> where claims-requested document is presented, it can simplify the
> requester side. Would you agree with that or am I missing something?

I'm not quarrelling with AM being the place where claims are presented—I
agree completely. The issue as I see it: if an actual claim is being
submitted in a required format, some kind of agent would likely be
required, largely because it's hard to see how claims could be handled
uniformly in any other way, and in a manner which mom could assess that
she's not being phished.

Paul