[WG-UMA] Knocking down issues in tomorrow's call

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Wed Aug 24 16:46:14 EDT 2011

As a reminder, the official issues list is here:

https://github.com/xmlgrrl/UMA-Specifications/issues

Right now, I think it's only missing Jacek's editorial comments:

http://groups.google.com/group/kantara-initiative-uma-wg/browse_frm/thread/3e0e3bc0c2684aa5/3381b478cf2e1b1f?lnk=gst&q=newcomer%27s#3381b478cf2e1b1f

…and some old highly conceptual issues, many of which have probably been obsoleted by now (but not all):

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Protocol+Issues

Let's see if we can officially close the following issues tomorrow, with a plan to incorporate the corresponding changes to the spec for the following meeting. Everyone please at least read through the issue discussions and come prepared with preferences.

https://github.com/xmlgrrl/UMA-Specifications/issues/1
Requester token missing in: 3.4. Host-AM: Register a Permission

https://github.com/xmlgrrl/UMA-Specifications/issues/2
Need to unify the request for authorization with the providing of claims, so that this can be a single request-response pattern that can loop as required

(#3 was closed: https://github.com/xmlgrrl/UMA-Specifications/issues/3)

https://github.com/xmlgrrl/UMA-Specifications/issues/4
If the content-type is not recognized by the AM, what happens then?
(this one is just waiting on Lukasz to finish his action item)

https://github.com/xmlgrrl/UMA-Specifications/issues/5
What happens when a resource (being registered) already exists?
(this is just about ready to be closed; we need to be sure that the editor instructions are clear)

https://github.com/xmlgrrl/UMA-Specifications/issues/6
Can Update Resource Set Description API mistakenly overwrite/destroy an existing resource description?
(I believe this essentially duplicates #5, so hopefully we can officially close both)

https://github.com/xmlgrrl/UMA-Specifications/issues/7
Is it OK to cache token status (as now explained)?
(Paul has made concrete suggestions that we might want to adopt)

Thanks,