[WG-UMA] Proposal for UMA bounty validator program

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Wed Oct 13 13:59:43 EDT 2010

The following proposal is for the WG's consideration in our meeting tomorrow. If we approve it (with any changes), I'll update the draft version and date, and work with Dervla to publicize.

	Eve

UMA Validator Bounty Program
Draft 0.3, 13 Oct 2010

Requirements:

Develop material that assists in validating the compliance of implemented authorization manager, host, requester, and authorizing user/user agent endpoints to the UMA draft specifications (and their referenced external specifications).
The material can consist of test cases, executable code, testing guidelines, full test suites, and/or other deliverables necessary for testing UMA functionality.
Testing code can be in any language, but must be in a form that can be readily hosted at KantaraInitiative.org.
The goals are to promote multiple interoperable implementations of the UMA specifications and to drive improvements in those specifications that support interoperability and compliance.

Bounty award details:

The total bounty available is US$4000.
The amount awarded may be divided among multiple submitters, and the full amount does not have to be awarded.
Expressions of submission interest, including an estimate of hours needed to complete the proposed task, are due by 1 Nov 2010 midnight Pacific time to be eligible.
Submissions of completed materials are due by 13 Dec 2010 midnight Pacific time to be eligible.
The UMA WG, by a simple majority of those voting (any submitters recusing themselves from voting), will decide and announce bounty awards by 16 Dec 2010.
The Kantara managing director will administer any awarded funds by 31 Dec 2010.

Other notes (to be removed before announcing program):

George, Trent, and Joni (and indirectly Matthew) have reviewed; goal is to get final WG approval this Thursday, with announcement going out no later than 19 Oct 2010.
Eve will work with Dervla to get the announcement out in various venues.
FYI, In trying to formulating this proposal, I consulted a few sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source_bounty
https://www.bountysource.com/
http://www.fossfactory.org/