[WG-UMA] OAuth Dynamic Binding - Web App

Domenico Catalano domenico.catalano at oracle.com
Fri Jul 23 06:37:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

here is an alternative pattern for mobile client registration, maybe, close to iPhone App lifecycle ;)
Attached a high-level diagram which shows the possible entire process:

1. Developer.Com publishes the App into the Apps store
2. User buys the App in the App Store (Authentication is requested)
3. App is provisioned into the iPhone
- Client registration
4. User runs the App and signUp with Developer.Com (Authentication is requested)
5. Developer.Com "Initialize" a Client Registration process with Authorization Server/AM (PKI trust relationship between the parties is requested)
6. Authorization Server sends a response to Developer.Com (including AS/metadata and cryptographic data)
7. Developer.Com sends an ACK message to App client (including AS/metadata)
8. App "Finalize" the client Registration process with the Authorization Server/AM
9. App client receives client_id and secret.

What do you think?

Domenico

On Jul 23, 2010, at 1:14 AM, Maciej Machulak wrote:

> Yes, the second one would be a mobile app (WWW being its website). It's just a quick proposal and I'll answer the questions and address comments tomorrow.
>
> Cheers,
> Maciej

Domenico Catalano | Identity Architect | +39.335.7257896
Oracle Fusion Middleware
via G. Romagnosi - 00142 Rome, Italy