[WG-UMA] NYT Article on Personal Data Access

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Mon Jul 19 13:13:04 EDT 2010

(What a plum placement for Bynamite, huh?)  Attracting attention to our effort makes sense, and I believe we're far along enough in our work to withstand the scrutiny.  We're not really the same thing as a business startup, and we definitely benefit from interested others jumping in to help.  I actually commented on Esther Dyson's Huffington Post commentary on this article, intending to drum up interest; we'll see what happens:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/esther-dyson/release-90-user-managed-p_b_650383.html

BTW, I consider it a good, if complicating, sign that there is implementation work that is getting ahead of our spec work.  It means we're *doing* implementation work, and it's informing our spec work. :-)  That said, I would very much like to put a priority on a suite of specs that is consistent and complete even if subject to change, is available from a single place, and has implementations that match it relatively closely.  To that end -- you knew this was coming! -- I'm sure Christian will accept all offers of assistance on spec tasks...

	Eve