[WG-UMA] Call July 13, 3pm Eastern: National Strategy for Trusted Identity in Cyberspace (NSTIC)

Aaron Titus aaron.titus at privacycommons.org
Mon Jul 12 14:23:38 EDT 2010

Kantara UMA WG,

I know this is short notice, but I wanted to make you aware of a conference
call tomorrow, July 13th at 3:00pm Eastern.

The Whitehouse and DHS have recently promulgated the National Strategy for
Trusted Identity in Cyberspace (NSTIC) in late June, and public comments are
due by July 19th.  The NSTIC outlines an ambitious identity management
strategy for the United States, but public discussion has been extremely
limited.  The NSTIC is a very significant and policy document which is may
have an impact on internet commerce, online speech, identity management,
identity trust frameworks, and online anonymity. We (the Liberty Coalition,
eCitizen Foundation, CDT, and others) are concerned that no meaningful
public discussion has occurred.

The eCitizen Foundation will sponsor a phone call tomorrow, July 13th at
3:00pm Eastern to encourage discussion about the NSTIC. The purpose of the
phone call is not to gain consensus, except on one issue: The NSTIC needs
more public discussion and analysis.

Call 202-684-7800 then press 9 then 801.

NSTIC:  <http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/ns_tic.pdf>
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/ns_tic.pdf.

Public Comments: http://www.nstic.ideascale.com/

NSTIC Discussion:  <http://www.nstic.us> http://www.nstic.us