[WG-UMA] Lexicon madness

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Fri Feb 19 00:45:56 EST 2010

The set of terms is getting fairly large and hairy, but I think if we have the diagrams available to help explain and give context, it shouldn't be too bad to provide the definitions in the actual spec.

I came across some legalese that seemed to fit our requirements for staying out of "contractual" language, while still being actionable and (hopefully) enforceable in the legal world.  So now I talk about access authorization terms and representations (where the latter can be affirmative vs. promissory, that is, statements of fact or promises).  I also define policy.

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Lexicon

(And note that I changed the custodial terms a bit to reflect our discussion too.)

Comments??

eve at xmlgrrl.com