[WG-UMA] draft-uma-resource-reg -- RE: New rreg and core specs

Thomas Hardjono identity at hardjono.net
Wed Dec 15 16:12:23 EST 2010

The resource-reg draft is also looking very good, and very easy to
read.

Here are some questions, suggestions and typos found:

(a) Section 3: suggest removing the sentence in the brackets about
"action identifier: and "resource set identifier" since it may confuse
the reader. They will be discussed anyways in the Section 4
immediately below.

>>> An action description is an object with the
>>> following parameters (the description also has an <---
>>> action identifier that is created during the <---
>>> process of registration):...    <---

>>> A resource set description is an object with the
>>> following parameters (the description also has <---
>>> a resource set identifier that is created <---
>>> during the process of registration):.... <---

(b) I may have missed the discussions in the telecons, but do the
action_id and resource_set_id need to be included within the
descriptions (of actions and resources -- Section 3).

I'm reading/viewing Section 3 as the "template" of actions and
resources will be understood by the Host and the AM.

(c) Hyphenating important words: I think it would help the reader if
some crucial terms are hyphenated.

For example: use "host-registration-URI" in the following line
(Section 4 first line):

>>> ....The host uses a RESTful API at
>>>  the AM's host registration URI to create, <-----
>>> read, update, and delete resource set and
>>> action descriptions...

(d) Section 4: What if action_id or resource_id is missing

>>>  {actionid}  An identifier for an action description,
>>>  assigned during initial registration of this description.
>>>  Without a specific action identifier path component,
>>>  the URI applies to the set of action descriptions
>>>  already registered. The identifier has meaning only to the host.

>>>  {resourceid}    An identifier for a resource set description,
>>>  assigned during initial registration of this description.
>>>  Without a specific resource identifier path component,
>>>  the URI applies to the set of resource set descriptions
>>>  already registered. The identifier has meaning only to the host.

Question:  how does the AM know which action (resource) to default to
when an action identifier path component (or resource identifier path
component) is not present?

(e) Minor typo in Section 4.3 both grey boxes (PUT command).

(f) Minor typo in Section 4.5, second grey box (HTTP).

(g) Question about errors:  Maybe its out of scope for UMA, but how do
we distinguish between errors generated by the underlying OAuth from
errors coming from the UMA layer (UMA entities)?

Thanks.

/thomas/