[Wg-uma] FYI: W3C workshop on access control application scenarios

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Sun Sep 27 21:41:02 PDT 2009

(I'm just starting to dig out from under, now that I'm back home.
Will try to respond to list traffic soon!  And let's definitely plan
on a Thursday call this week.  -Eve)

 From http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletter/news2009-09-22.html ...

W3C Workshop on Access Control Application Scenarios
Staff, W3C Announcement

A Call for Participation has been issued for a "W3C Workshop on Access
Control Application Scenarios," to be held November 17-18, 2009 in
Luxembourg. "This workshop brings together worldwide research and user
communities to explore evolving application scenarios for access control
technologies, such as XACML. Results form a number of recent European
research projects in the grid, cloud computing, and privacy areas show
overlapping use cases for these technologies that extend beyond
classical
intra-enterprise applications. At this workshop, we will explore
commonalities between different application scenarios, and
standardization needs (at W3C and elsewhere) above and beyond the
technology substrate that exists today. The workshop is co-financed by
the European Commission 7th framework program via the Primelife project.
W3C membership is not required in order to participate in the Workshop.

The workshop is intended to discuss issues around access control in very
wide sense, encompassing conditions and rules derived from the fact of
accessing information. Topics that might serve as appropriate discussion
points for position papers include, but are not limited to: (1)
interaction
between access control and privacy policies; (2) language extensions to
connect access control languages to novel types of credentials; (3)
large-scale cloud and grid computing use cases for access control
technologies; (4) policy management; (5) mechanisms for controlling
progressive disclosure of information by user agents and servers; (6)
the emerging role of trust delegation and supportive mechanisms in
cloud computing, grid, and Web use cases; (7) mechanisms for richer
user control over downstream data controllers...

http://www.w3.org/2009/policy-ws/cfp.html
See also XACML references: http://xml.coverpages.org/xacml.html

eve at xmlgrrl.com