[Wg-uma] Technology matrix

Nat Sakimura n-sakimura at nri.co.jp
Wed Sep 23 22:09:47 PDT 2009

Hmmm. My email from gmail address is not getting through. Let me try
from this address:

Adding bootstrapping row is a good idea.
Also, security characteristic and its relationship to a relevant legal
framework (though not strictly technical) would be nice to have.

In addition, having the rows explained will be beneficial, at least to
me. I am not quite sure of some of the definition of the rows.

BTW, re: CX, are we talking about an abstract CX or OpenID binding?
Notion of CX is pretty abstract. It is an online contracting
framework. Subsequent action can be anything as long as it is written
in the contract. (It could be a physical delivery of something, for
example, like magazine subscription, or service like hotel room.)

If we were talking about CX+AX, I guess (since I do not fully
understand the definition of the row) the following would be supported
in addition:

login-time attribute transfer
back-channel controlled access
on-board storage of user data
co-ownership of write access: pseudo

Also, I was not sure of the meaning of "binding of ID(s) to data shared".
If id_select is a late binding mechanism, then CX can also be
considered late binding ...
As it is a contract, it cannot be later than the time of enacting the
contract though.

If the definition of the rows can be clearer, I could shed more light on
them.

One last note: there can be CX+OAuth etc. as well.

=nat