[Wg-uma] Welcome to our many new participants

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Thu Sep 17 11:03:18 PDT 2009

A hearty welcome to those who have joined in the last week or so!

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Participant+Roster

Thanks to the opportunity to meet F2F in Las Vegas this week, we saw
an influx of new people wishing to contribute.  My assumption has been
that you intend to join the work on an ongoing basis, and to vote on
group business as the occasional chance arises.  If you are happy
contributing to our list discussions but don't want to preserve your
voting rights by attending meetings on a semi-regular basis (or if
your intent was to participate only at the F2F this past Tuesday and
you don't want to be considered a participant anymore), please just
drop me a note and let me know.

We had a "focus meeting" earlier today, in our regular series of
telecons on Thursdays.  It appeared we wouldn't make quorum anyway due
to a number of planned absences, and indeed we didn't, which is fine;
I'll send out draft minutes later today that show some useful work
getting done nonetheless.

Please familiarize yourselves with our wiki workspace, which has a
number of helpful resources for getting the gist of work done to
date.  I especially recommend these pages:

Charter: http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Charter
Previous meeting minutes: http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Meetings+and+Minutes
Historical materials: http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Historical+Materials
Draft scenarios doc: http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/UMA+Scenarios+and+Use+Cases

If you have any questions at all, give me a yell.

eve at xmlgrrl.com