[Wg-uma] Results: Re: Call for votes: approval of August meeting minutes

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Tue Sep 8 11:49:00 PDT 2009

I regret to report that the ballot was invalid, having received just
shy of the required number of responses.  I'm sorry for the hassle for
those who did respond!  However, I have taken steps to fix the problem
in future:

- Since the Kantara rules allow me the discretion to make participants
"non-voting" if they haven't attended two meetings in a row, I've
notified quite a few people that they're now in non-voting status
unless they begin attending again.  Thus, we should begin making
quorum more easily at telecons, and so we can entertain formal motions
there.

- If in future we need to do electronic ballots, I will probably
lengthen the period of time the ballot is open, just to be sure
everyone has a good chance to respond.

	Eve

eve at xmlgrrl.com