[Wg-uma] Prototype implementation of my protocol experiments
cs at comlounge.net
Mon Sep 7 12:47:39 PDT 2009
This weekend I had some time to play around and I did some rough
implementation of the protocol I talked earlier about and sketched here:
The implementation scribbles are here:
(what's implemented is "The AM flow to retrieve the access token").
Mainly what I did was to use the AM as a proxy which retrieves an access
token from the Host on behalf od the Requester (and in turn on behalf of
It's not what ProtectServe does and the main idea was to try out some
ideas and have some starting point for experimentation.
Not implemented is any user interaction which means that all
introduction parts are omitted by manually sharing tokens between those
You can find the code here:
The relevant packages are
(but probably that doesn't help to get it run, I will write docs on how
to install it soon)
The relevant source code is:
It starts with the Requester in the view "call_service_via_am" which
calls the AM which calls the Host (all via OAuth). Then a new access
token is generated on the Host side and delivered back over these
parties. Afterwards the Requester uses this token to actually call the
Host Service API.
You can also browse the source code here:
From an implementor's perspective I can at least say that it was easy
to implement. I don't know though if it will fulfill all requirements as
we haven't formalized all of them yet.
PS: There is no real reason to have a demo up and running as for the
user it only prints out "OK", I maybe should add some log statements
though to demonstrate what it's actually doing.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Wg-uma