[Wg-uma] URGENT Re: Call for votes: approval of August meeting minutes

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Thu Sep 3 15:50:12 PDT 2009

Bingo...  I have been advocating that mailing-list-only participation
become more of a first-class citizen than it currently is.  Kantara's
V1 governance rules have been extraordinarily successful in generating
a lot of great work efforts in record time, but a few things still
need to be debugged in them (IMHO).  As your rep on the Leadership
Council, I'll be working to make this situation better while attending
the LC meetings in Las Vegas.

Regarding the recording rules, I think you'll find some kindred
spirits among our group participants, but there were some good/
interesting rationales for them.  We seem to be missing a written bit
of guidance on this, so I'll ask Trent if he can scrounge it up with
his LC Chair hat on (knowing that he's one of the kindred spirits!).

	Eve

On 3 Sep 2009, at 11:35 AM, Christian Scholz wrote:

> Am 03.09.2009 um 20:24 schrieb Eve Maler:
>
>> We have a way of doing approximately that, by my making some people
>> non-voting if they haven't attended two consecutive meetings.  In
>> this case, since I started the ballot with all participants having
>> voting status, I made the problem harder!  But now I'm better
>> informed about the rules, and in future will be aggressive about
>> doing the non-voting trick.  So, my apologies for having done
>> things non-optimally.
>
> But does that mean in turn that you'd better attend the telcos if
> you want to keep your voting status? So a mailing list only
> participation wouldn't work?
> Or could you abstain all the time then?
>
> (now a recording would help here of course and I would very much
> like it to have one for transparency reasons. If some companies
> cannot copy with that they apparently have to change ;-) )
>
> -- Christian

Eve Maler
eve at xmlgrrl.com