[Wg-uma] URGENT Re: Call for votes: approval of August meeting minutes

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Thu Sep 3 10:45:02 PDT 2009

In today's call, we discussed a technicality regarding a specific
issue with electronic ballots on minutes approval.  If you weren't at
the meeting, how can you vote on whether the minutes accurately
reflect what got done?  This is a fair question!

I have confirmed that our tentative interpretation discussed in the
meeting is CORRECT according to Section 6.2 of the Operating Procedures:

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/download/attachments/2293776/Kantara+Initiative+Operating+Procedures+_V1.0_+2009-04-03.pdf?version=1

Namely, if you return a ballot indicating that you ABSTAIN on that
ballot, it counts towards the minimum response level necessary to
consider the ballot valid.

Now, since the meetings corresponding to the minutes we are trying to
approve did not reach quorum, if everyone who didn't attend those
meetings votes ABSTAIN, we still won't get them accepted, and I may
have to redo the ballot later after I change some people's status to
non-voting.

It's entirely up to you, but if you weren't present at the meetings in
question, but do feel comfortable accepting them as the true record of
the group's discussion, you can still vote YES -- as some people have
chosen to do already.  I will report on the results and next steps,
whatever they are, after the ballot closes tonight.

Thanks for your attention!

	Eve
	(still trying, but failing, to remove bureaucracy from our group's
work :-)

Eve Maler
eve at xmlgrrl.com