[Wg-uma] New e-commerce scenario and use cases available

Diego R. Lopez diego.lopez at rediris.es
Wed Sep 2 01:53:14 PDT 2009

On 2 Sep 2009, at 03:07, Eve Maler wrote:

> http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/ecommerce_scenario

The idea of an OAuth token usable for making pseudonimous payments is
something
that sounds really appealing to me. I think it is connected with an
idea we have been discussing
with WiFi operators willing to make deals with our institutions, in
which a roaming user
provides a pseudonym at the operator login page, and the operator
contacts the institution asking
"Are you willing to pay XX euros for the usage of infrastructure YY by
your user ZZ?". The institution
validates ZZ's identity and makes an authorization decision which is
sent back to the operator.
In this scenario, the RM could act as a mediator between the IdP and
the operator, exchanging
a non-revocable single-use token (via OAuth, why not?). This could be
applicable to any pay-per-use
service and any payment service, eirther institutional or private
(like MoneyBuddy in your scenario)

Be goode,

Dr Diego R. Lopez

Red.es - RedIRIS