[Wg-uma] Terminology

Christian Scholz cs at comlounge.net
Tue Sep 1 15:17:06 PDT 2009

Am 01.09.2009 23:43, schrieb Eve Maler:
> Perhaps we're getting closer!  If User as entity #1 gets consensus, and
> "... Service" gets consensus, then we can get down to arguing about the
> three instances" of "...".
>
> Does Authorization Service work for entity #2?
>
> Could we be happy with Client Service for entity #4? I'm finding myself
> quite comfortable with it.

I sorta find the word a bit confusing because they all have "Service" in
it ;-)

Why is publisher and subscriber bad btw? Isn't one service subscribing
to an API of another service which publishes that API? They even have
some sort of contract eventually.

And as I said before, I find everything related with "Storage"
problematic because it might not be a storage but e.g. an API which
opens some door or so (so here also "Data" would be problematic).

-- Christian